Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Raveneye

Every morning on the way to church on Sunday, i listen to our rock station here in Dallas The Eagle 97.1 KEGL. Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue is the DJ and he hosts his Sideshow  Countdown.  He plays new and emerging artists and i hear many bands first this way before their songs get regular play. I was listening to this song and was really liking it and thought they sounded like one of my favorite bands The Toadies.  They favored each other a lot but parts of the song here and there i knew it wasnt them.  I used my Shazam app on phone to see who it was because i didnt want to risk them not announcing at the end of song and going straight to commercial without being able to identify the band and song.
It was a band called Raveneye and the song was Breaking Out.  They are a British band that formed last year in 2014.  They are considered hard rock and with some bluesy and alternative sounds.  They are currently on tour opening for Slash . Slash got his fame mostly from being the lead guitarist of Guns N Roses. Slash was also part of Velvet Revolver and i was HUGE fan of them and their albums!!  He wears his signature top hat and even has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame.
 I like this band RavenEye  and i'm excited to have found out about them.
Heres the song- tell me what you think.

Here is something funny/weird/cool- i've been telling yall for a while that my next tattoo is going to be a raven and something musical . The raven represents my mom and the music represents my dad.
My mom owned an Indian art gallery in Georgetown, Colorado years ago called The Ravens Eye.
I carry her old business card with me because i'm getting the exact raven from the card for my tattoo.
So i already had a fondness for Raven's Eye and then i hear a band with same/similar name!!!
Awesomeness!

Have a great Wednesday yall! We are supposed to get to 99 and not creep to 100 plus.

12 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli! That is quite a coincidence. I like the heavy, bluesy, sludgy sound of RavenEye. Hey, I've got the perfect song for this occasion, one that ties in with Nikki Sixx and your new tattoo. It's one of my faves by Motley Crue. Please listen and let me know what you think of it:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNkTradIX0w

    I hope you will show us your new tattoo. Happy Wednesday, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Tattoo song!! How have I never heard of that song until now?!
      I'm glad you liked the song by Raveneye. I will most definitely share a picture of my new tattoo once I get it. I've been so busy and I was saving money for my Sturgis trip. I'm itching to get it very soon!
      Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by to comment. Sweet friend Shady!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like it would be a great tattoo with a very special meaning for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait!! I need to make the time and go get it soon.

      Delete
  3. 3/4 Soundgarden with a dash of Whitesnake. Cool name.

    Another friend turned me on to a newer (and you know newer for me is anything this century) band (now defunct) called 16 Horsepower. Specifically she pointed me to their Cover of Bad Moon Rising. You might like that, too. Although I ended up more liking a tune called Black Soul Choir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check that out!! Thanks for the music lead.
      I can hear the soundgarden and white snake. 2 bands of which I love BTW!!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely loved it! Reminds me of more than a few of my favorite bands. I'm gonna have to look into them further. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Robert, so glad you liked them too! I am excited I came across them. I liked their music first and then their name sealed the deal even more. LOL. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I am not a fan of this type of music. I love the idea for your tattoo. How many tattoos do you have? I haven't gotten up the nerve to get one yet. But I would like to have a magnolia in memory of my best friend from Mississippi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I only have 3 tattoos. Come to Dallas and i'll take you to get your magnolia tattoo! How fun would that be!

      Delete
    2. Maybe someday! You just never know!!

      Delete
  6. Love, love, love 'em. Great find - thanks for sharing it, keep 'em coming.

    Are you going with the tattoo from Pinterest? God bless, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!