Friday, August 7, 2015

The Fits

I bought a Fitbit in May that i bought myself for my birthday.  Since then it has given me a few fits!
Last month when i had to travel to Ohio for work , i got out my suitcase of course. When i got home and unpacked, my Fitbit disappeared.  Todd and i had walked that morning to a nearby restaurant for breakfast, then on way home i stopped at a garage sale and then walked back home a different path.  I thought for sure it fell off at the garage sale and some lucky person found out. I retraced my steps a few times and looked everywhere but didn't find it.  I was soooo bummed that i lost the dang thing after only having it less than 2 months.  The stupid thing costs 140.00!  Fast forward a few weeks and i got my suitcase back out , there it was in the skinny flat pocket.  When i put my hand it in to get something out while unpacking, it must have came off.  It doesnt take much for it come off. I dont have the newer version that has an actually watch clasp.  Mine is like a trucker hat- one side has bumps the other has holes- fit the bumps in the holes.  LOL
I wore it on my Sturgis trip although i hesitated taking it with me.  It survived fine the first day. Then the second day, while riding  it flew off my arm. I felt it fly off but we were at a place where you couldnt really turn around or pull over.  Thank goodness my friend Jacqueline was a few bikes behind us and saw it fly off.  She was going slow enough that she stopped, jumped off bike and picked it up and caught up with us. We had no idea she even stopped. At our next stop for gas, she told me she had my Fitbit. I was soooo relieved.
This thing has given me a lot of stress in a few months i've had it.   Oh well, I am wearing it until i lose it again. If i do lost it, i'm not buying another one!

The Fits were a punk band from England and were popular in the late 70's early 80's.  I remember listening to them when i was in high school.  Thought it was "fitting" to play a song by The Fits.

This song is called Disease


Have a great Friday y'all!!!   I will be doing everything i can to stay indoors.   The heat has zapped me!

11 comments:

  1. I bought a FitBit for a fitness challenge with some of my workout buddies. I found mine on sale and have purchased some different color bands for it. Every once in a while I will have trouble syncing, but love it otherwise! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a FitBit, so these trials and tribulations are beyond me... hahaha. Sounds like you need a new clasp or an additional clasp, so that when the original lets go the second one will save the day.

    I still haven't replied to your letter. I may not get to it until I'm back home. There simply aren't enough hours in the day for me to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take your time! You don't even have to write me back if you don't feel up to it. I completely understand.
      I wish there was a different clasp for this style fitbit but there isn't. I have to think of something.

      Delete
  3. Jeez, I had no idea those things cost that much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DONT DO IT!!! There are other versions for cheaper and more secure to wear.

      Delete
  4. Lost jewelry and expensive items (the closest thing I can compare it to) make me crazy!

    My husband bought me a pair of freshwater pearl earrings in a gold setting when I moved to TN. I loved those earrings. When I was raking leaves, my son says "hey, Mama...why are you wearing one earring?" AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. There was no way to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your feeling on the AHHHHHHHHHH! A year ago in May, I lost the diamond out of my wedding ring. I cried for weeks. Never found it but luckily we had insurance so it got replaced.
      I left my sapphire bracelet at the hotel in Jackson Hole last summer. Of course they never found it. I am notorious for losing valuable jewelry. I get very nervous when I wear it.

      Delete
  5. Well I'm glad it was in your suitcase. I really hate when something is lost and how cool that Jacqueline was able to pick it up for you when it came off while you were riding. Is there any way you can make an extra hole in it so it is tighter on your wrist? Or maybe some velcro to secure the end down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I need to try the Velcro idea!! I was sooo happy that Jacqueline was able to retrieve it for me. Dang thing is not worth the head ache.

      Delete
  6. At least it was not lost! My gal lost a pair of diamond earrings once on vacation! Ones I bought her as a gift a few months earlier. I wanted to kill her, but we're still together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember when I lost the diamond to my wedding ring last year? Made me sick- literally!!

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!