Thursday, August 20, 2015

Throwback Thursday to the 80's

How's everyone's week been so far? My week has flown by.  Last night was so nice because it got down to 80 degrees and i actually sat outside on my patio.  I had bought a new cushion and pillows for my patio loveseat and its been so flipping hot- i sat on them for the first time last night.  I am soooo happy its not triple digits. Fingers crossed it stays this way.  I am leaving for my Montana trip in a few weeks and i cant wait!

I listen to iHeart radio in the mornings because its nonstop music with no commercials. You can pick almost anyone you want to hear and then it will play other songs similar or from same time period.  I listen to The Cure station.  It plays a lot of  great 80's bands such as Psychedelic Furs, The Smiths, Modern English,  Echo and the Bunnymen and Siouxsie and the Banshees.  I used to LOVE listening to Siouxsie and the Banshees!
This song makes me happy and i want to break into dance.   This is titled: Kiss them for me




It glittered and it gleamed
For the arriving beauty queen
A ring and a car
Now you're the prettiest by far
No party she'd not attend
No invitation she wouldn't send
Transfixed by the inner sound
Of your promise to be found, oh
Nothing or no-one will ever
Make me let you down
Kiss them for me, I may be delayed
Kiss them for me, if I am delayed
It's Divoon, oh it's Serene
In the fountains pink champagne
Someone carving their devotion
In the heart shaped pool of fame, oh
Nothing or no-one will ever
Make me let you down
Kiss them for me, I may be delayed
Kiss them for me, I may find myself delayed
On the road to New Orleans
A spray of stars hit the screen
As the 10th impact shimmered
The forbidden candles beamed
Kiss them for me, I may be delayed
Kiss them for me, I may find myself delayed
Kiss them for me, kiss them for me
Kiss them for me, I may find myself delayed
Kiss them for me
Kiss them for me

My favorite song from Echo and the Bunnymen is Lips like Sugar

She floats like a swan, grace on the water
Lips like sugar, lips like sugar
Just when you think you've caught her, she glides across the water
She calls for you tonight to share the moonlight
You'll flow in her river
She'll ask and you'll give her
Lips like sugar, sugar kisses
Lips like sugar, sugar kisses
She knows what she knows, I know what she's thinking
Sugar kisses, sugar kisses
Just when you think she's yours, she's flown to other shores
To laugh at how you break and melt into this lake
You'll flow in her river
She'll ask you and you'll give her
Lips like sugar, sugar kisses
Lips like sugar, sugar kisses
She'll be my mirror, reflect what I am
A loser and a winner the king of Siam I am and my Siamese twin
Alone on the river
Amazing river, amazing river
Lips like sugar, sugar kisses
Lips like sugar, sugar kisses
Lips like sugar, sugar kisses
Lips like sug-sug-sugar, sugar kisses

The funny thing is that after watching both videos - they both have a touch of India(n) influence.  The first one for sure with the Bolly dancing. The second video has 2 Indian women.  Cool!  The lead singer for Echo has beautiful lips- i'm not gonna lie.

Its almost Friday y'all- one more day!!  Make it a good one.

14 comments:

  1. Good morning, dear Holli! 80 degrees at your house? That's a brutal cold wave! Did you get out your winter woolens? :) Another cross country adventure coming up? This time you're taking a trip to Montana? Are you flying there or riding the Harley?

    I enjoyed these flashback favorites. The MTV style station where I worked in the 80s began broadcasting at the height of the New Wave 80s and the bands that you listed and presented here were all popular and played frequently by our veejays. It was a very exciting period - a great decade! They don't make 'em like that anymore.

    Happy Thursday, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Shadester! I am flying into Montana. Actually I am flying into Spokane, Wa first because I have a cousin getting married nearby. Then I'm flying into Montana. Todd is coming with me this time and I'm excited to show him around Montana.
      I would have been in Heaven at your job working for MTV!!! I love all the music from the 80's from Madonna to the hair bands like White Snake. Awesome!
      Hope you have a super day!!

      Delete
  2. Both of those are bands I have heard of but NEVER heard! I know, I know, I was in my country phase then. Thanks for the intro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siouxie and the Banshees! Love them! You started me on a googlin' frenzy trying to remember the name of a song I used to really like...it was in a movie...my brain is just {{{poof}}} gone.

    [BTW...yes, I bid! Waiting for an answer!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute puppies! Last night, the weather was SO amazing, which I was relieved about because I had tickets for an outdoor concert haha .. I dig both those songs. I think I need to get The Cure channel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you must have gone to see Def Leppard and Tesla? How was it? I really wanted to see Tesla again! I love them. I thought about convincing my hubs to go but we are just wiped on Friday's.

      Delete
    2. Nope. It was Incubus and Deftones! I didn't realize Def Leppard and Tesla were in town. That would've been a pretty cool show too. :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Holli,
    Nice to meet you:)
    You've probably already heard that this has been the hottest summer EVER.
    Enjoy Montana. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra!! I am looking forward to some cooler weather from Dallas. Montana at least has nice cool mornings and some shade from all the trees. I cant wait!!

      Delete
  6. When we were in Montana last week it was so hot! Not much cooler here in Los Angeles either. I'm longing for fall weather.

    Ah, the music of the 80's. I was really into music heavy during that decade. So many great memories.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where were you in Montana? Did you have a lot of smoke from all the surrounding fires? I cant wait to see Mom. Its hard to see her just once a year. Its been still very warm here in Dallas -97-99. Too hot!
      I love everything 80's!! Big Hair metal, legwarmers, neon, Madonna, John Huston films, rubiks cube,,,,,

      Delete
    2. We followed I-90 from Wyoming to Livingston, MT where we headed south into Yellowstone. Didn't see any smoke. I know that feeling of seeing family once a year or so. I was fortunate to be able to spend a month with my mother right before she passed away, but still each year was tough not being able to see her much though I did speak with her on the phone nearly every day in the last several years of her life.

      It's still hot here in L.A. but at least it's not overly humid and at night it cools down somewhat.

      Arlee Bird
      A to Z Challenge Co-host
      Tossing It Out

      Delete
  7. In the 80's I was going to nursing school! And beginning a career! And raising two little boys! I do like the beat to this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then its safe to say you were not wearing all the crazy 80's fads while in nursing school. The ripped sweat shirts, leg warmers, jelly shoes, neon bracelets, tons of necklaces, puffy sleeves, etc. LOL!!! I wore them all.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!