Wednesday, August 26, 2015

When I drive i sometimes get road rage

Its already Wednesday Y'all!! Seriously the last 2 days have flown by.  How about you? fast for you too?  So speaking about fast.... I drive really fast.  I always have and probably always will.  All my friends and family joke that i must have been a race car driver in another life.  Or i'm Holli ANDRETTI.   ha!  When my friend and i go to lunch at work to a place a little further out, i drive. We only have an hour for lunch so i want to get there quick.   I'm a good driver though. I am a defensive driver and i'm always aware of my surroundings.   One friend used to pay me to take him to airport and he always complimented my driving.  Coming from a man- i took the compliment!
I think a lot of my driving fast was because when i got my license, i lived out in the country.  Everything was so spread out and i took longer to get to. If i get there sooner, i would have more time to visit before i had to allow enough time to get home without being late.   I've also had my share of speeding tickets over the years.  I have NEVER once tried to talk myself out of a ticket. I know i'm guilty.
I also tend to have a bit of road rage. If you're on your phone and you're the first person at the stop light with several cars behind you, put down your flippin phone!!!  Because you sat there too long and didnt go when it turned green,  not everyone made the light and that will tick me off!  I am a honker.  If you see me waiting to go and then you turn right next to me without using your signal and i could have gone much sooner, You will get honked at!  Every so often, i flip the bird.  Its not my finest moment peeps and i am not proud of the situation.  I'm telling you this trigger goes off and i get so mad i cant help it. The finger comes out before i even know whats happening.  Its so strange that so many makes and models of cars now dont have signals.  Hmmm.  Oh and if the lanes merge and your time is more important than mine to get in line and you have to cut in- No i am not letting you in!
When i was Catholic, i even gave up road rage for lent one year. I had to make a conscious effort to calm down on my way to work and not get worked up.  It really did help and after that year, i didnt flip anyone off for another year after.  Then it started happening again.  My biggest fear is that i will end up honking or flipping off or doing both in my town around church.  I just know i'm going to end up knowing the person from church that i just flipped off.  There are just so many stupid drivers now. Ugh!!  Oh well, right now my commute from home to work is super easy and not much traffic.  Unfortunately thats changing due to our company merger. I will be driving much further again and i can bet my road rage comes back too.
Stay calm and take it easy out there!! Have a great day.
 
  


Road Rage




LoL
Stay Away From This Guy
Road rage  - funny pictures #funnypictures
Road rage? No. But if you change lanes in the middle of a turn, I have a intense moral obligation to run you off the road.
Very true. Except i spend 90% of the time belting out songs horribly and 10% of the time yelling at other drivers.

Road rage on! more funny pics on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yourfunnypics101
For real!!

Lol
They do it every day too.

19 comments:

  1. Road rage scares me. It's one reason why I don't drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I lived in a location where I could take the train or bus but I don't. I would totally take the train so I wouldn't have to drive and I could read and listen to music. Sadly I don't. Dallas is so spread out and the train and bus is very limited.

      Delete
  2. I'm in process of getting my licenses right now (long overdue) and I'm terrified of the road. Other people, mostly. I think once I get used to it, I'll have severe road rage too. I mean, I have passenger seat road rage now hahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also a very good "backseat driver" when my husband drives. Sometimes I will tell him to honk at the idiot in front of us but he wont. LOL.
      Good luck on getting your license!

      Delete
    2. My Other is a pretty defensive driver so I don't have to worry about him honking when he needs to haha .. it's my mother who's so passive that she'll let everyone in line ahead of her while I'm in the passenger seat having a fit lol
      Thanks! I've been driving more lately, hopefully I'll get used to it enough to not be too panic-stricken for the test!

      Delete
  3. OMG, this really cracked me up. I can so identify with it! My husband has it. I have it. It is hard not to have it. Have never let it get out of hand though...just the bird, horns, and yelling. My husband will chase them down. He is nuts. We have met the true nutcase though. One time this guy got so pissed off that he literally jumped out of his truck at the light came back to our car and started screaming and banging on the window. WTF! Scared the shit out of me and the kids and my husband was ready to get out and kick his ass and then the guy ran back to his truck and took off. Seriously! Haven't come across anybody as psycho since. Road rage is bound to happen with so many idiots running around out there. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap if someone got out of their car, I would pee my pants. I don't get any worse than the horn and the finger. People who get out of hand with guns and violence though scare me to death.

      Delete
  4. Our daughter drives to fast. It scares me. It seems like the older I get the more upset I get on the road and especially with the addition of cell phones. Drives me crazy. What can't people understand that you can't drive and be on your phone!!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for safe driving.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers. I'm fine really. I have a very small commute that is only 5 minutes away right now. I am not looking forward to the longer drive though that is coming up.

      Delete
  5. I have road rage too!! And I yell at other drivers. And I flip them off too. But, unlike you, I have never gotten a ticket! Not a single one. Of any kind. Don't hate me, okay? I've been lucky! (Except I really don't speed)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very very jealous that you never have got a ticket!! I don't hate you for it. LOL!
      When I was in college, I had to get a lawyer because I had so many tickets back to back. I got scared for a while that I would lose my license. I had to be real good for a year.

      Delete
  6. "Holli Andretti", lol!

    You know the four most famous words in racing? "Mario is slowing down..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a sports car I drive a truck. You would think that would help. Nope! I love getting mustangs and others when I travel though.

      Delete
  7. Oh, Holli! The shouting dog photo cracks me up! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slow down, girl, I don't want you to get hurt!! I love the "stay away from this guy" picture. If I could get that on the side of my car, even if untrue, it might be a neat deterrent...

    Have a great day, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good right now. My commute is very easy and quick. I am just not looking forward to driving much farther in a few months. Poo!
      You have a great day today!

      Delete
  9. Hahaha! I can so relate. Especially when I head down to Florida to visit my parents.Funny memes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find as I age, I have less and less patience with incompetent drivers. Always when I am in a rush, always get stuck behind some drivers with all the time in the world to drive slow like a snail looking for parking spots. I try to take deep breaths but sometimes pressing the horn is the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!