Wednesday, September 9, 2015

New song for you

It started raining in the wee hours this morning.  I heard the thunder outside our window.  That would explain the splitting headache i had that was killing me.  I have barometric headaches and they get me every time we have a rain storm.  They sometimes become a full on migraine and it was almost there.   I took some medicine at 4 am and i ended up oversleeping.  I hate the panic and stress of waking up late to work. The stress just added to my headache.  I had to come into the office because my quarterly review with my manager was this morning.   I am trying to head it off and i hope it goes away. I am moving pretty slowly today and its supposed to be rainy for the next few days.  I really am glad its raining other than the headaches.  We need it so bad.
Last Sunday while listening to my favorite radio show Six Sense Sideshow, I heard another band that i really liked.  They are called Red Sun Rising.  The name of the song is The Otherside.  Their album was just released last month .  What got my attention is the sound resembling Alice In Chains.  Alice in Chains is one of my favorite bands and i think this song had some of their sounds.  I read some reviews on itunes and others mentioned they sound like Shinedown.  I get that too.



So speaking of Shinedown- Here's their newest song called Cut the Cord.  


I have 2 days to get all my errands done outside of work and get packed for my vacation.  I am so excited but lots to do.  I better start feeling better.  Oh and I got some sad news yesterday that my Dad didnt do so well on his last breathing treatment checkup last week.  To the point that the Dr's wont let him go to Idaho this weekend for the wedding.  I am so bummed for my Dad and stepmom.  Daddy even got a new suit for the occasion.  His health is way more important and when you have a double lung transplant, you cant take chances with anything.
Happy Wednesday Y'all!

11 comments:

  1. I like this band, too! 'Hope you are feeling better soon! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marci!! Much better than this morning. Just a lingering of the headache.
      Glad you liked the song.

      Delete
  2. They do sound like Alice. We saw Alice last year on tour and they were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice was here while we were gone in Sturgis. I was so bummed to miss them.
      Glad you liked the song!

      Delete
  3. Hope that dad's deal is nothing... I'll listen later to the songs, NCIS is on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The docs said not too serious but they wanted to act aggressively. He's having some treatments done and may have to stay a night at the hospital. Thanks for the concern.

      Delete
    2. Definitely doesn't take long to get the Alice vibe... Wiki had very little on them other than the song hit #6 MSR and they're from Akron. I'll check and see if I can add it to the "potential Martin top ten" list!

      Delete
  4. Hey, that is a GOOD one, Holli!

    Be careful and have as much fun as it humanly possible without official charges or jail time.

    Prayers for your Dad, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for your dad!! Hope you have an amazing vacation. That is too bad you get headaches when it storms. Lying in bed listening to thunder and hearing the rain is a favorite thing of mine. Although I prefer sunshine!! Loved the music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the rain!! I have always loved thunder storms and the rain. I just hate the headaches it brings with it.
      You liked music!! That's big coming from you because you normally don't like this kind of music. Yay!

      Delete
    2. Well, I wouldn't rush right out and buy it. I didn't like it that much. The first video I couldn't watch...(too crazy) but I liked the beat. And the fact that I could understand the words. LOL! The second one wasn't my favorite but I did listen to it!! Loved the drums!!

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!