Friday, September 25, 2015

Vacation blues




Hey yall!! So have you ever been away for a while and then not know how to get started again? That's where I am. A week ago today we arrived home in late evening from our trip.  My vacation was so awesome and It was very hard to leave. Then as my luck (bad) would have it, I have yet ANOTHER bad cold!! Wasn't it just 3 weeks ago that I had the severe sinis infection?! I thought it was just allergies but by Sunday PM I was feeling like poo. I had low grade fever until Wednesday .  I feel like such a whiner and a sickie. Ugh!  Then i kid you not , i had over 6ooo emails to wade through this week at work. I just have not been in mood to blog. I was scared that if I didn't at least post something soon , I may not pick back up for a long time.
I am going to split my vacation up in chunks with start to Idaho and then to Montana. 
My cousin Brad married a lovely young lady Alexis.  Alexis is an extraordinary woman! She started a movement in colleges and wrote a book called I Am That Girl.  It's about treating others , treating ourselves and the world nicely. She also travels around the world talking to Pro and college men's teams about treating women good.  Alexis was on Survivor and Price is Right.  Needless to say, there were a few "who's who" that were at the wedding.  To start , Sophia Bush was a bridesmaid.  Apparently she and Alexis were college roommates. I've only watched Chicago PD once but she's  a main character.  Another bridesmaid was Yael.  Yael founded a group to fight cancer and is married to Scooter Braun.  Scooter Braun is the manager for Justin Beiber and a few others , a producer for TV shows such as Scorpion and is very popular in Hollywood and NYC.  The DJ and photographer were also apparently pretty famous and well known but I don't remember their names.  
The wedding was in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho. If you've never been there, i totally recommend you adding that to your vacation bucket list.  It's truly a little hidden town surrounded by gorgeous lakes. My aunt and uncle lived across the lake and there is a boat ferry that would take you across the lake back and forth in less than 30 minutes. If you drove it would take almost 45 mins to an hour.  The downtown was super cute with quaint shops and restaurants.  We arrived Friday afternoon and the rehearsal dinner was that evening in downtown.  We all took the ferry and busses were waiting for us to take us to the cute Bed and Breakfast house where the party was.  It was where the bride and bridal party were staying and it had huge backyard. The caterer had a wine bar set up and our meal were gourmet burgers with salads and lots of fun fixings. 
Saturday afternoon we had brunch at the country club with my cousins and then borrowed my aunt and uncles boat for a whirl. We took it across the lake to downtown and walked around and then just enjoyed being on the lake to relax before the wedding.  
Of course , later on we all went separate ways to get ready for wedding and met up back at the country club where the wedding was outdoors.   The wedding started at 6 and went to 10. It was perfect! The scenery was gorgeous and it was so fun. Dinner and dancing with family is always a great time.  
Now for a gazillion pictures:






The wedding trip was so awesome and I'm so glad that Todd and I went. We got to spend time with my cousins on my dads side that I don't see enough.  We got to experience another part of our country that was breath taking. 
I'll post about Montana next week.  Have a great weekend y'all!!  I missed you . 

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like some real good times. What exactly is a gourmet burger anyway?
    Great photos, thanks for sharing.
    Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gourmet burger was special beef hot off the grill and lots of fancy fixins like blue cheese crumbles, caramelized onions, fried onions, bacon, tons of veggies, a dozen of sauces to choose from, etc. It was yummy!!
      The wine was delicious too.

      Delete
  2. Looking good Holli! Yeah, coming back from a vacation is always rough. Getting that after vacation cold is something many of us go through. I think our bodies are pissed at us for coming home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sick and tired of always being sick and tired. LOL
      I need a staycation now so I can just veg on the couch.

      Delete
  3. My computer is acting up and it won't load the pictures. I will come back to see them. Glad you are home. I missed you!! It sounds like you had a fabulous time! I hope the cold is gone soon. Is it time to seek medical help???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already feeling better so no Dr needed this time. I love vacations but there's nothing better than my comfy bed at home.

      Delete
  4. Hi, dear Holli!

    What? Sick again? Don't you think it's from being cooped up in a plane all those hours and/or sitting in crowded airports? Every time I take a plane trip I get sick a couple days after I get home. Get well soon, dearie!

    You wrote:

    << I had over 6ooo emails to wade through this week at work >>

    Yessum, I wrote the initial email, followed by 5,999 more when you failed to reply! :)

    Coeur D'Alene certainly looks like a great vacation destination, the kind Mrs. Shady and I would enjoy. I followed the links and was very impressed by the area's beauty and charm. The wedding pictures are wonderful! It's so cool that it was a star studded affair with Sophia Bush and other celebs in attendance. I watched her on Nip/Tuck, One Tree Hill and Partners. You and Todd looked fabulous all gussied up for the wedding. For a moment I thought you were Liz Taylor and Richard Burton!

    Thank you for these postcards from the edge... of paradise, dear friend Holli. Please take good care of yourself and have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did watch One Tree Hill but I loved Nip/Tuck. I forgot she was on there.
      YES it does seem that I get sick after every trip I've taken so no doubt those airplane germs attack me every time!!
      Coeur D'Alene is amazing and I really encourage you and the Mrs to add it to your destinations list.
      Thank you as always for your sweet words and compliments! Such a dear friend you are.

      Delete
  5. Wow. That was some wedding. The pics are gorgeous. That boat ride looks like tons of fun:)

    I'm sorry to hear you're sick... again. I'm struggling with something, too. Take lots of vitamin C and drink lots of water! Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I am already feeling an improvement. It sucks being sick!
      The boat ride was one of my favorite moments for sure. It was the perfect day and the water was so pretty. I wasn't brave enough to get in the water because it was pretty cold but I was happy on the boat.

      Delete
  6. Say, I have a blog friend from up that way, beautiful country. Wonderful wedding pics, hope they have a happy and long life together. Hope that sinus settles down swiftly. 6,000 e-mails are a lot of shit to delete -er, I mean, a lot of important messages to go through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those emails were a whoopin!! No fun to come back to those.
      The wedding was so pretty and I am so glad we were able to swing it with our Montana trip.

      Delete
  7. You guys had way too much fun! Look at all the smiles. Gorgeous turquoise jewelry! The dandelion sculpture flipped me out.

    Take care of you (smile).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't help but smile with all the fun and festivities going on. Isnt that dandelion sculpture so cool!!! I loved it too. Thank you for the compliment on my jewelry. The squash blossom around my neck belonged to my grandma and she passed it on to me. I felt so special wearing it. My grandpa had bought it for her in New Mexico many many years ago. I am in love with it. Thanks so much for your stop by this ol blog.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!