Wednesday, October 7, 2015

BOTB Results

Good morning everyone.  I'm here real quick just to let you know who won my battle between Joe Cocker and David Archuleta. The song was Everybody Hurts originally done by R.E.M.
David started off strong but then it ended up being a blow out when Joe started gaining speed.  The winner is Joe 13 to 6.
So maybe you could stand a laugh or two this morning like me so here is the skit from SNL when John Belushi mimicked Joe Cocker.  He really does a great job but of course very over-exaggerated.



Have a great day y'all.  I'll be back next week i promise.  The memorial funeral is Saturday for my friend and i have just been so busy.

10 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli! I am pleasantly surprised to learn that Joe Cocker won your battle. When I submitted my vote it seemed like David Archuleta was destined to win by a landslide. As the late, great Yogi Berra reminded us, "It ain't over 'til it's over." Joe Cocker is the poster boy for "old school cool" and those who don't recognize his greatness are probably too young to remember those Wonder Years when Joe was at his peak of popularity. Thanks for posting these John Belushi vids. Belushi put everything he had into his performances including the spot on imitations of Cocker. The Blues Brothers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Belushi's Joe Cocker impressions were hilarious! Thanks for the laugh and I'm glad Joe won the battle. David is way too cutesy for my taste. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is "girly" the word you're looking for? :)

      Delete
  3. Love John Belushi and have missed him ever since he passed away. He was a favorite of mine on SNL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holli - I was going to ask about your friend, but saw your end note. Still praying. Nice battle. I won this one too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not too surprised by the outcome here. What did surprise me was how well Joe did the song. I'm not a Cocker fan, but I voted for him on this one.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still praying for you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Hugs and God bless, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!