Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween - my favorite day!

Hey y'all! I am a big dork and failed to take any pictures of my own decorations from my party.  I was just so busy decorating until the very end and then had to get ready before he guests came. My inlaws took some and I'm waiting for them to get back from out of town to forward them to me.  I have a very busy weekend ahead!
Tonight we are going to the Freakers Ball concert hosted by a radio station here in Dallas KEGL 97.1.  There are lots of bands playing and it starts at 5.  We will be missing the early bands because I don't get off work until 4:30 and with traffic in Friday rush hour in the rain, let's just say we will be late.  The bands I'm looking forward to are Theory of a Deadman, Pop Evil, The Cult and Marilyn Manson. We are mostly going to see the Cult!!  I love them! 
Tomorrow morning we drop off the dogs for dog camp and then we head to San Antonio. Todd's family is visiting from California and Ohio . We're just staying the one night then coming home Sunday. 
Sunday night we have the Chris Cornell concert.  Can't wait to see that show! It's getting rave reviews as his solo act. He mentioned recently that since he's been doing his solo act this year, he's been able to write more material for the band Sound garden. I hope so! 
Whatcha got planned for this weekend? 
Stay safe and have fun! 
Happy happy Halloween!! 
Oh and I'll be a day late on the battle of the bands because as mentioned, I'll be driving back from San Antonio and won't have my laptop.  

My favorites!!!  I am still a kid when it comes to these specials.  It's almost "Charlie Brown season." Love the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas movies. :) Remember the TV specials?: Did anyone else watch this last night ? I saw that and the Addams Famili movies. I've watched Hocus Pocus 3 times but still haven't seen Practical magic. Nightmare before Christmas and Beetle Juice this year.  I am behind!
This is the only one of those damn "Keep Calm" things I liked :):

Curated by Suburban Fandom, NYC Tri-State Fan Events: http://yonkersfun.com/category/fandom/:

Yes it can!:

I love this!  Wish I had this as a sign...to put out at Halloween!:

I don't care how old I am, when Hocus Pocus is on t.v. you shut your mouth and pay attention! | Halloween Ecard | someecards.com:
Practical Magic - Alice Hoffman (novel):

from Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman....Movie=Awesome/Favorite of all time!!  Book=Disappointment :( Still love the quote tho!!:

what's this ? from Nightmare before Christmas

 midnight margaritas from Practical Magic

 

17 comments:

  1. BEETLEJUICE - BEETLEJUICE - BEETLEJUICE!

    Hi, Holli! Happy Halloween, dear friend! What an exciting weekend you guys have planned. I envy you heading off to see that rock show. I be lovin' Marilyn Manson nowadays and I also dig The Cult. Their "Fire Woman" was a huge video hit on the MTV style television station where I worked in the 80s and 90s. Mrs. Shady is the big Soundgarden fan of the family and I know you will enjoy Chris Cornell's solo show.

    Please stay safe and have a terrific time, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fire Woman, Edie, Sanctuary- those are my favorites!!
      Have a great weekend Shadester.
      hAppy Hallows Eve

      Delete
  2. I've been hearing a lot of Cornell's new single lately, and I kinda like it. Never top Superunknown, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to seeing him tomorrow night!

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janie!!! So far so good. Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  4. Happy belated Halloween, dear friend, and I hope you are having a freakin' awesome time this weekend. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get to celebrate this Halloween but it is my favorite holiday. Looks like you might have had a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a terrific Halloween! It's one of my fav holidays. The Village Halloween parade here in NYC was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You had a busy weekend. I can't wait to hear all about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all great! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holli, Halloween use to be lots of fun for me when I was a kid, but now I just see it as another day. I like watching a scary movie and eat Halloween candy for the Trick or Treaters, that we never get. :D It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is an all-time classic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an AWESOME job on the decorations! I was wondering where you got some of them! I love The Cult and Pop Evil, but just couldn't make myself go that night. Jelly of you guys! Oh and I watch 3 shows on Halloween: Hocus Pocus, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, and Practical Magic! Love them all. I knew we are twinkies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Holli, I'm finally getting back to blog reading and writing - I have missed both so much. I went back to work full-time in July and just had such an awful time getting myself organized. I think I've cracked it now but I have a lot of work to catch up with all the lovely bloggers who have been so patient with me and are still followers! I loved reading through your posts - Happy Very Belated 2nd Anniversary and your Halloween looked amazing. Loved your photos of Montana - we went through there on our trip from Virginia to Washington, stayed overnight in Bozeman and went downtown just to grab a pizza for dinner. Wish we had had more time to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your party was a blast. Can't wait to see pictures. I certainly hope you are missing all the rains and floods in Texas. Loved your cute little pictures with this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's too funny that you forgot to take pictures. Looking forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! Halloween is our favorite season too. You wouldn't guess it from our house...or lack of decorations, but the world stands still for a week surrounding the holiday.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!