Monday, October 26, 2015

HOLLIween 2015

Well now we have our 4th annual Holliween party under our belts. It was this past Saturday and I was ready!! I've been decorating for a month. Todd said it was my best year for decorations.  I have a theme for decorations and a different theme for costumes.  This years decorating theme was Ravens. I have dozens of Raven decorations everywhere. I also bought quite a few LED signs.  My decorations will be part 2. 
We have chili with all the fixings every year ( Fritos, cheese, sour cream, onions), we had queso and dips and chips and Todd cooked a brisket and chopped it up for BBQ sandwiches. They were heavenly! I made sangria again like last year and it was delicious. We didn't do a beer keg this year instead we bought cases of beer with different types. 
We had lots of fancy cheeses and salamis and crackers. No one went hungry that's for sure! 
The theme for costumes this year was to dress from an era. It's funny because last year was the first year I had a theme for costumes and it was the biggest turnout for people dressing up.  I think if we narrow things down, people like that better. Now you'll always have people go against the grain and dress up that's nothing to do with theme but we don't care. Halloween is supposed to be fun and no pressure. A night to be whatever you want to be.  
Todd and i dressed up from the Greek/ Roman time period.  I bought our costumes and accessories from EBay.   I normally always make my own costume but I just have so much going on I didn't feel bad that I cheated.  
We had about half the people show up this year than last year but we had many that were sick. The bug is going around here in Dallas pretty strong.  We also were having torrential rain storms and flooding and I just don't think people liked getting out in it.  Luckily, it stopped raining that evening and it didn't rain all night.  
We had a total of 27 people and it was a nice group of friends.  I'm so happy for those who came.  I have only the picture that I took and a few that some have sent me.  So here ya go: 


It was so much fun and we announced at the party what next years theme is: MASQUERADE.  I have no idea how to decorate the house but I have a year to figure it out.  
Have a great Monday y'all!! 

18 comments:

  1. TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

    Hi, dear Holli! 27 party people was a nice size group and they looked fantastic in their theme costumes, including the hosts. I'm very happy to know that Patricia (the nasty hurricane) petered out before your party and didn't show up as an uninvited guest.

    Have a great week, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shadester!! I am happy for all those that came and we had a great night.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a spooktacular time was had by all. I would love to roam around and just look at all of your bootiful decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no shelf or corner left empty. I am already thinking about next year. haha!

      Delete
  3. looks like a great time! 27 people is a good turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 27 people were plenty. We had double the people last year but we also ended up in the backyard last year. We had hay bales and a bonfire but this year it was super flooded and rainy. I am grateful for all those that came!

      Delete
  4. Who didn't know your were a goddess? LOL! This was a fantastic idea and party. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very comfortable costume!! We had so much fun and I was sad for it to end. A lot of work went into it and then BAM its over. haha!

      Delete
  5. You are serious about Halloween!

    I admire your decorating skills AND the whole making your costume thing. Yeah, I know you didn't make 'em this year, but still. That's awesome. A lot of cool costumes among your guests. You and the hubs looked great!!!

    Yeah, we've been praying for Texas with all that rain. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am VERY serious about Halloween for sure!!! I love it and its my most favorite "holiday". I would rather have another Halloween instead of Valentines Day.
      I loved the costumes this year. I sent out the invites in September so they could have some time to think about the costumes.
      Thanks for the prayers. I need to show yall the crazy flash floods that I can stuck in and had to turn around on Friday while I was running errands. Craziness!!

      Delete
  6. Y'all know how to party! And half as many guests means twice the left-overs. Right? Your address please! Smiles.
    Happy Halloween week, Holli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some cheese and crackers left over and tons of wine. The best parts! LOL
      I wish all of my blogging friends could make my party! How awesome would that be.
      Happy happy Halloween to you lady. :)

      Delete
  7. What a fun party! Do you know that I have never been to a costume party . I need to throw a Halloween party and remedy that! LOL. Loved all the pictures, but you and hubby were the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlie, costume party's are so fun!! You can dress up as much as you want and everyone feels foolish together. haha! One of my friends said that she never dresses up and she felt foolish but I told her to look around and there wasn't one person not dressed up. you totally need to have a costume party!

      Delete
  8. Glad you didn't get washed out! Looks like a good time was had by all. Give Todd a hearty Hail Caesar for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We so badly needed the rain but it definitely affects a party. Still had so much fun!! Thanks Chris.

      Delete
  9. First off the food sounds awesome....definitely favorites of mine! I love all the costumes and you & Todd look great. So glad you had a good party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 27 people is a lot! Love this holiday and so cool seeing everyone dress up.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!