Thursday, October 22, 2015

I'm a bona fide junker

So over the years I've posted about attending several various flea markets and junk shows. My dream was to be a vendor at shows and not just a buyer.
I met some amazing Junkers through blogging a few years ago.  I followed their blog then one day I got the courage to email one of them and ask for some blogging advice because I really liked their style.  It was the first year I started blogging (4 years ago).  With that, it started a friendship because they were also local in Dallas.  I attended some junk shows that they were a part of which was so awesome because of my huge love for that stuff.  
I planned on starting my own junk business 2 years ago but with my dad in the hospital and planning a wedding, those plans took a backseat. Of course it didn't stop me from building an inventory in our garage though.  This past summer, I went to a garage sale that was bench held by the same person who hosts a junk show twice a year in DFW.  While I was there, my sweet friend happened to be there too with her husband and it was such a great surprise.  While we were there, she introduced me to the hostess and recommended me for their winter show. 
Fast forward a few weeks after that, I got approved to be in the show and then the race began.  I had to file for tax permit for state of Texas.  That's when it got "real" for me.  My hand shook as I filled out the application. I have to be grown up and file taxes quarterly now for the business. 
I've been painting and sanding every night after work and on weekends.  It's in 2 weeks and I think I'm ready.  I know there's so much that i don't know and I'm so nervous.  Todd is just happy to get rid of the huge ginormous pile of furniture and knick knacks out of the garage. Lol. 
Between getting ready for the show, and this weekends Holliween party, I've been swamped. I don't mind though. I like always staying busy.  
So I created my FB page yesterday so if you happen to be on there, go like my page Junque Dancer. I will start to post pics of items in selling tonight when i get home. I was busy last night and didn't take any pictures.  
 
I can't wait to tell you all about the show!! I went as a shopper last year to this show and I can't wait to be a vendor now.  

Have a great weekend! I most likely won't post tomorrow because I have the day off to wrap up things for the party.  

18 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to hear how this goes down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, i am so excited too. And nervous and scared and excited .....

      Delete
  2. Sounds fun. If I lived out there I would be one too. I loved all the antique shops in Gruene when I was there. Found some cool trinkets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gruene has some awesome junking places!! Tons of good places like that in that area and near Fredericksburg.

      Delete
  3. Good for you! I don't know where you find the energy to stay so busy! Can't wait to go visit your Facebook site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really hasn't been enough time in the day lately to get everything done.

      Delete
  4. That is so COOL! Congratulations!! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marci. I "think" I'm ready.

      Delete
  5. I've started to become addicted to antique shopping. Good for you. That's a fun hobby, and I hope the show goes great.

    Keep a smile, Holli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love antiques. It's funny because I have a handful of friends that don't care for them at all. To me it's history.

      Delete
  6. Good luck. I hope you are doing well. Sorry if I have been lax around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. It is good to hear from you. Hope everything's good at your end.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the start up. Looks like a lot of fun. I've always loved antiques.
    Wishing the best for your business adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jeffrey. Good thing it's just a hobby and not a career move.

      Delete
  8. Wish I could stop by, sounds like fun!

    But junk leads me to another unrelated story. A lady at my work is about 7 months pregnant and she's starting to walk with a wobble. I told her bf "Her walk reminds me of a TV character, but I can't remember which." A co worker nearby said, "Sanford and Son," and I shouted, "THAT'S IT! Fred Sanford!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny!! He had his own style for sure. I've had my truck loaded down inside and out that always reminded me of his show. I always hum the song when I'm loading up the truck.

      Delete
  9. That's a business that I wouldn't do so well at as I never price things for what they're really worth and practically give them away. I've got tons of stuff in my garage and around my house that I'd love to get rid of.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Wishing you success and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!