Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving this and that

Hey y'all! So did you survive Thanksgiving with your family? Mine was good for the most part. We spent the day with Todd's family and we had good day. That evening we were on our way to my Dads when Todd decided to start a huge fight with me.  So rest of the day was ruined but at least there were some good hours beforehand.  The bottom line is he's losing his patience with me. He says I've changed and he wants the old me back. I miss the old me too.  I called the Dr's from the list given to me and they told me to call back this week. Because of the holidays , most of them were closed most of the week.  So wish me luck I get an appointment scheduled.  I'm still crying every single day but it's quick and not all day. Yay for waterproof mascara!!
My brother-inlaw married his girlfriend last Monday. It was super sweet and I love her so much! Happy to have her in our family.  Friday night after thanksgiving, we went to see Blue October in concert. I bought the tickets in July and I was so excited.  The weather has been absolutely terrible this whole past week. It's rained every single day nonstop.  We have a lot of flooding around the area. The rain didnt slow down attendance to the concert at all. It was sold out and 3000 attended.   I had never seen them live but they're one of my favorite bands. 
Then early Saturday morning, I drove back to East Texas to spend the day with Nanny.  She looks so good y'all! Her face is healing and besides the small bandage on her nose, you'd never know she face planted into concrete 2 weeks prior.  She still having some pain in her arms but nothing like it was.  So she's improving there.  The only thing left besides her arms healing is getting her dentures fixed.  This alone has given me great stress.  Do any of y'all have that family member that you'd just rather avoid? 
After the accident, my uncle made an appointment for Nanny to get in last week and she would have her new ones the next day.  That is if she arrives for her appointment on time.  Nanny doesn't drive and never has and my uncle traveled out of state to visit my cousin Lauren. Unfortunately, my unreliable aunt ( who's never been on time a day in her life) was supposed to take Nanny to the appointment.  Yep, my selfish narcissistic self- centered aunt was almost 2 hours late. This meant that Nanny didn't get to have her new dentures. I'm getting so angry just thinking about it!!!  My stupid aunt caused Nanny to go over a week without teeth. Now you try to get thru Thanksgiving without teeth. Not only that but I know good n well, my aunt would have NEVER stand for not having her teeth a day but it's OK to make her mother go without.   It was just heart breaking to see my Nanny go without.  It was pouring rain, so she never left the house. I went and picked up 3 containers of soup for her to have from a local restaurant.  It made me heart and soul heal to spend the day with her.  I'm going again during Christmas.  Her next appointment is for tomorrow.  I hope my uncle takes her or makes arrangements not to trust my aunt again. 
So that's it for the last week.  
Paula had a gold Christmas tree and a basket of ornaments. All the guests signed an ornament and hung on the tree.  Cute idea! 

Thanksgiving selfie with Todd and my step kids.  Alli spent the night with us on Wednesday and we had a good time. Took her to get her cartilage pierced again on top of her ear. 

Blue October

We put up out tree last night but didn't decorate it yet. That will be this week. 
Again, thank you for all of you that stopped by and left well wishes on my blog.  Y'all are amazing and I'm so very blessed for every one of you!

One of my favorite songs from Blue October.  An old one but i love it.

20 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli!

    Thank you for bringing me up to date on what's happening in your life. The holidays are always a stressful time and recent events made them an even greater challenge for you. I saw reports about the heavy rains and flooding in Texas and thought about you. Surely the dismal weather dampened spirits even more. I am terribly sorry to learn that Nanny went w/o dentures during Thanksgiving and that you and Todd quarreled. I'm sure you realize that Todd is eager to see you happy again and able to put Nanny's unfortunate accident and other setbacks behind you. Please focus on the positive things that are going on around your family. Nanny's condition has improved significantly. There was a wedding to celebrate and a concert to attend. You are preparing to decorate your tree, an activity that will renew your hope and get you into the spirit of the season. Adversity puts us to the test. Passing that test gives us the confidence to handle the next challenge and the next. It's the nature of life. We should not ask for life to go easier on us, we should ask for the strength and courage to meet every challenge, pass every test. Your many friends are here to lend support.

    Have a wonderful week, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolute correct Sir Shady! I have much to be thankful for and to look forward to. Hope you had a nice holiday. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Okay, that's a lot to comment on! Here goes...

    1- Todd, be patient! The lady is going through some stuff, and would like to be where she was as much as you want her there. Chew your tongue for a while, and think about when she's been there for YOU. End of lecture.

    2- So glad to see Nanny's doing better. How do you end up 2 HOURS late to take someone somewhere? Do you think that the Doctor has nothing better to do than fit YOUR schedule? That person would be out of the will, off the Christmas card list, and with a severe pain either in her ear or her tush. (Betting you got that one covered!)

    3- Fantastic concert pics!

    4- Hope this week is better. At least you ain't having twins like the "rest" of my FB/bloggy friends! (Kids are good; two at once? Not for me...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, thank you for your awesome comments! I am absolutely thankful I'm not pregnant with twins. I am not sure my stress level could take that at all.

      Delete
  3. So glad Nanny is doing better. I know you have had lots of stress lately which is probably why you have not been acting like yourself. When things get overwhelming for me, I need to take time out, just even 10 minutes, to sit in a dark room and meditate. My wise therapist taught me that if you can take time to be still and quiet and reflect you will be better prepared to handle the stress around you. Hope that helps a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing that in my car. I get to work early and I don't even go into the building. I sit and just listen to the end of the song on radio or I say a prayer and sometimes I have my small cry. It helps! Thanks for the well wishes for Nanny. Seeing her helped my own healing for sure.

      Delete
  4. Great pics and it looked like a nice wedding. The holidays are a stressful time. You'll all get through it. Have a great week and holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep holidays can sometimes down right suck! I will survive! Lol
      Have a great week too friend.

      Delete
  5. What a pretty wedding dress! 'Love the vintage vibe! I am so glad your sweet Nanny is feeling better! That has to be a big relief! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vintage vibe was awesome! I had a fun vintage dress to wear but I didn't get it hemmed in time. Did you see their shoes? So cool! I it's huge relief for Nanny to be doing better. I had to see for myself. Thank for her well wishes and concern.

      Delete
  6. Todd needs to learn to be more accepting and patient with you. Starting fights only makes everything worse. My Thanksgiving was ruined this year by neglectful, argumentative people. I'll never allow it to happen again.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His timing has never been the best when he wants to discuss our problems. It's infuriating! It's just something I should prepare for and maybe always drive separate or something on holidays. Haha! I'm sorry your thanksgiving was ruined too. I hate that for you. Hope you have a great week and thank you for your visit and support!!

      Delete
  7. CW's comment made me laugh. There was a lot to chew on with this update.

    The pastor at my church gave a message on peace in an unpeaceful world. The bottom line is that when it feels like peace is impossible the best we can do is pray for a desire for peace. That resonated with me as I read somewhere that when you can't forgive someone, the thing to do is embrace a desire for forgiveness. When we focus on the How and Why we'll never get there. Instead, change the focus to sheer desire and the thing happens without you fully understanding how it gets done. I say all of this because maybe this is something that you and Todd can embrace. You both want you to be the happier, more joyful person you were. You get stuck because you don't know how to make that happen. If you can both simply focus on your shared desire for that joyfulness to return (and then step back and give God room to move) it will happen. I firmly believe that.

    Praying that Nanny makes her next appointment. It's tough to go without teeth. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment! I believe in focusing on the good and working on forgiveness.
      I will know today if Nanny has her teeth. She was very defensive about our concern of her missing her appointment again. I didn't call last night.

      Delete
  8. Love the photos :) Sending you a BIG (((HUG))) Take care. Praying you can get the help you need. I know I need to see someone but keep putting it off. I'm not who I was a few years ago. Having a horrible time decorating for Christmas and it has always been such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually looking forward to the counseling. Once making the call and booking the appointment, it was a relief. Prayers for you to find your Christmas joy.

      Delete
  9. Glad your grandmother is doing better. So sorry about your aunt not being on time!!!!! I would be pissed off too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pissed off is putting it nicely. How she sleeps at night knowing what she puts her own mother through is beyond me. The wedding was fun and quaint. Still waiting on the professional pictures.

      Delete
  10. Unfortunately I have a lot of family members I'd rather avoid. You sound more upbeat in this post. Remind Todd that he promised to love you for better or for worse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying! I am sick of myself being Debby downer! Lol.
      Amen sister! He tends to forget the ol vows.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!