Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Meeting me in 3's

Hey there,
My friend Laura at We Really Got This (www.wereallygotthis.com) posted on her blog a fun idea. Its getting to know each other in Three’s.
What the heck.  I welcome any idea on posts since my brain is not cooperating with me lately.

THREE NAMES I GO BY
1.       HolliAnn
2.       Holli-girl
3.       My bestie calls me Hollikins. Lol

THREE PLACES I’VE LIVED
1.       California
2.       Florida
3.       Texas

THREE PLACES I HAVE WORKED
1.       Wal-mart( my first job in high school)
2.       Harley Davidson ( my fave job ever)
3.       Hooters ( all through college and 2 years after)

THREE THINGS I LOVE TO WATCH
1.       Waves or water ripples ( I zone out when I’m at bodies of water)
2.       Todd playing drums at church
3.       Jax and Lila playing

THREE PLACES I HAVE BEEN
1.       Canada ( all over from Vancouver to Quebec)
2.       Mexico ( Tijuana, Juarez, and Playa De Carmen)
3.       New York City

THREE THINGS I LOVE TO EAT
1.       Mexican Food ( seriously I could eat tacos everyday)
2.       Cheese
3.       French fries

THREE THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO
1.       Having the week after Christmas off from work
2.       Hopefully getting Mom in from Montana during February
3.       My head and heart to be evened out

You can reply in comments with your lists or you can do your own post but let me know so I can visit.

Speaking of visiting, I have just down right sucked at visiting any of your blogs . I have stopped by a few sporadically here and there but not like I used to.  I have also read many but didn’t have energy to comment.  Sorry.  

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Holli-girl! This is an interesting and fun idea and it gets your mind off your problems for a while. Everybody can make use of this exercise. it also demonstrates how much we all have in common. I once had a friend who added "kins" to the end of my name. The three places you lived include two of the states I visited on vacation last year and the place where I now live. I have also visited New York City. My ex-father-in-law worked at the Harley plant in York. When I moved to Florida in 1984 I dined often at the original Hooters location in Clearwater, FL. Like Todd, I played drums.

    My dear friend, your head and heart will even out. Give it time. Be good to yourself and to others and let the magic happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worked a few weeks at the Harley plant in York with my now job as trainer My boss knows i'm a Harley girl and picked me from my team to go. It was so cool! When I lived in Fla, I lived in Ft Myers.

      Delete
  2. Three names I go by: Paula, Granny, Mom
    Three places I have lived: Kansas, Oklahoma, Virginia
    Three places I have worked: hospital, nursing home, ball park
    Three things I love to watch: snow falling, Christmas lights, waves on the beach
    Three places I have been: Australia, Singapore, Viet Nam
    Three things I love to eat: sour cream, steak, cookies
    Three things I am looking forward to: 2016, Darian's high school graduation, Harley's high school graduation

    I cannot believe the places you have worked!! Good for you. I hope you are better really, really soon. I have missed you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Hollikins, let me play along...
    3 names: Christopher, Martin (both for obvious reasons), and in high school some dude who thought I was weird called me Tonar.

    3 places: If you put your thumb on Fort Wayne in a map of Indiana, you'll likely have all my former dwellings covered (along with most places I've been). So let's say: A house, two trailers, and an apartment that was formerly a motel room.

    3 Places I have worked: Arden, Dowco, Sheller-Globe.

    Three things to watch: I have to go 100% with your first one. Next would be Scrappy at the bark park and kids playing.

    3 places I have been: (Previous comment notwithstanding) My furthest north was old Tiger Stadium in Detroit; south would be Kissemmee Florida; and east would be about 10 minutes in the middle of the night on Homer Street in Baltimore. No, not a drug deal.

    3 to eat: Burgers, pizza, crab rangoon.

    3 looking forward to: Jeez, this is always the toughest, I am not a long term planner: how about spring, the next season of Doctor Who, and finding out when the toy companies have the new sonic ready to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holli, you've gone through a lot. I don't think anyone is disappointed you have not stopped by or left messages. You'll get back on track. No worries.
    Three Names - Jeff, Jeffrey Scott, Mr. Scott (boring, but then again, Scott is just my pen name).
    Three places I've lived - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Milwaukee (See? I'm boring).
    Three Places I've worked - JC Penny, Taco Bell, Firstar Bank
    Three to watch - camp fires, the stars, Doctor Who
    Three places I have been - Belfast, Paris, London,
    Love to eat - cereal, pizza, chips & nacho cheese
    Looking forward to - Getting my short story series completed, Getting a story or poem published, finishing another blogging year.

    Well, that's me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post proves that bad things don't have to come in threes. I adore the nickname Hollikins. I called my former DIL Jessiekins.

    Love,
    Janiekins?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I love that you did this and your friends too! It is awesome to get to know things about each other. Like I didn't know you worked at Harley, but should have guessed LOL! So many things we are similar on but we already knew we were separated twins! Hope you can get your mom down here in Feb and be prepared for some Mexican food while you are off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THREE NAMES I GO BY: Cherdo, Mac, The Queen of America (no joke...it's my hubby's name for me)

    THREE PLACES I’VE LIVED: WV, OH, TN

    THREE PLACES I HAVE WORKED: hospital, vocational school, church office

    THREE THINGS I LOVE TO WATCH: kids, pets, birds

    THREE PLACES I HAVE BEEN: France, Germany, Italy

    THREE THINGS I LOVE TO EAT: chocolate, a baked potato (waaaa...I shouldn't), sushi

    THREE THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO: the end of my son's surgeries, a new business venture, holidays with family

    What a great idea! I love this. Hope you're well, girlfriend! Nanny has been on the prayer list of the mighty, mighty Methodists. Love and hugs to you. I hope you have a Merry Christmas, Texas sized.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!