Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Winner of the battle-BOTB -Careless Whisper

Hey everyone- thanks so much for your stopping by and voting for this battle between Seether and Ben Folds and Rufus Wainwright.  The winner of the battle is Seether 7-3.  I still have never voted for any of my own battles but if I did , it also would have gone to Seether. I just really love their music and it was fun to include one of my favorite bands in a battle.   In my opinion, Ben Folds would have received more votes if he would have left Rufus out of that song.  I don't doubt that Rufus is a wonderful singer and performer but that exact live performance wasn't strong.

I'm pretty sure I've posted this song before but here's another Seether song that I like.  Words as Weapons:


I've hit the ground running at work. I was out all last week and now I have a few projects and training that have to be done this week and next few weeks. I love it! I love staying this busy and I love actually training classes.  The busy schedule keeps my in check and I don't have much time to cry.  If I do cry its usually in the car on way to work and maybe a few minutes now.  Yall that's an improvement.  I've had my 4th counseling session this week and I only have 2 left that are provided from EAP.  I can tell you that I am glad I made the call and scheduled these.  I've been with my company for 20 years and not once used EAP and didn't even know what it was.  I'm grateful to have resources when I finally realized and admitted I needed them.
I do believe that 2016 will be a better year for me.  Monday was a year that my sweet amazing stepdad passed away.  This time last year I was preparing for his funeral.  I miss him a lot! Its tough also with Daddy being sick again.  Ok I am not going there now sooooo have a great day.

15 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli!

    Thank you for reporting the winner of your contest. I'm happy to know that the ears of most voters matched yours and mine. I've listened to a bunch of Seether tracks on You/Tube ever since you introduced the band to me. I also enjoyed the song "Words as Weapons."

    I am very happy to learn that you are keeping busy. That's really the only way I know to pull yourself out of a bad place - literally work through it. I admire you greatly for admitting that you needed counseling and taking advantage of your company's EAP. I share your belief that 2016 will be a much better year for you. Remember that I am thinking about you and rooting for you, dear friend Holli. Take care of yourself and we'll connect again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bummer, you closed the polls early. :(
    It's been crazy for me the past few weeks and I'm only now just getting back into the thick of things. I was unable to post a battle this time, but I had hoped to at least vote on all of them. Oh well, there's always next time. Have a great 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i'm sooo sorry Jeffrey! I was already 2 days late on posting the battle so I didn't want to be late for the winner. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you made that call and are feeling better. I seriously don't know how people get through life without a good therapist. You will learn coping skills that will help ease stress in this crazy ride called life! Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you and thank you for your support and not making me feel crazy for seeking counseling. It made me feel so much better. You're a gem!!

      Delete
  4. Dear sweet Holli!
    I am glad that you are doing better. I have been crying for over a year now. It just doesn't seem to stop. I think crying is good for our soul. Cry as long as you need to cry!! Tomorrow is the 56th anniversary of my dad's death. Then the next day would have been Richard's 83rd birthday! I remember them both differently. I think it helps me most to write about those feelings. I hope that you will find time to do that for yourself. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have continued to cry everyday. I got some news that my dad really isn't doing good and I am struggling worse than ever. I cant take much more sadness. happy new year to you friend.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry I missed this one- your post came up late on my reader, and by the time I had a chance, I forgot. Prolly saved you from some snarky crap about "a George Michael song", so maybe a good thing. Listening to Words as Weapons now. That head shaking thing in the video reminds me of when the Master became everyone on earth on Doctor Who. I get the feeling that I'd have to be more of a horror fan to dig the video, but the song is much better.

    On the subject of loss, it took me five years to be able to cry about my Dad. Feel blessed that you had the kind of relationship with your stepdad that allowed immediate open grief, it sucks a lot less than the suppressed kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do need to watch some Dr Who so I can better appreciate your references. Crying is something I am not in shortage of at this time. The waterworks are at full speed. its exhausting I am blessed though to have had my incredible stepdad.

      Delete
  6. The first anniversaries of passings of loved ones can be pretty tough. I guess they get easier as the years go by but maybe not.

    I did like Seether's version of "Careless Whisper" a great deal and I think you're right about a Ben Folds solo probably being better.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlee. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  7. Holli - I'm not sure what happened, but I missed your battle. Oops. Hope to make it here, on time, on the 15th. I'm sorry.

    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're seeing a therapist. (That is what they are there for!) Sometimes just letting it all out to someone with "no skin in the game" can make a really big difference. I'm a big believer in therapy!!!

    Keep on hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy, HOLLI ~
    I was just wondering if you've managed to get the BOCEPHUS concert tickets. Either way, the video I'm posting a URL to below should cheer you up.

    I saw Bocephus in concert circa 1991 in Los Angeles. He has a blast performing. Here's some (80) proof...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St01E9nV6Nw

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!