Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Reasons to celebrate!

Hey everyone, how's everyone doing?  I am doing OK.  I can go 2 days in a row now without crying but I still cry on the other days.  I'm super busy at work and that has helped a lot! I like staying busy and occupying my time with distractions.
Last week, we celebrated my grandmother Mimi's 88th birthday. We had a nice little party at a restaurant that was centrally located between all of us.  We had a big long table in the back room and really had a nice evening.  Everyone was there and my stepmom Deb came too. I was so glad she came.  She also surprised along with Mimi,  my 2 aunts Brenda and Tammy and myself with a wonderful gift for us.  She had got a thumb print taken from  Dad before they took him away for cremation. There is a place that makes jewelry with the thumb print and on the other side a picture . I love it so much .  We all cried of course when we opened it.  I've worn it every day. 


I forgot if I mentioned to you also the place we were told about that makes jewelry from flowers? At Daddy's memorial, a cousin told us of this place that you send them a box of flowers used from the funeral, memorial, birthday's , etc.  They can make rosaries, earrings, belt buckles, a list of stuff.  I sent them a box a few weeks ago and it takes about 6 weeks for everything to be ready. My aunt, Mimi and Deb all wanted a rosary. I am getting a necklace and bracelet. I cant wait to show yall when I receive them.  If anyone is interested, leave me a comment and I can tell you the website.  Its a gal that does it out of Illinois.

Did I tell you that I bought a ticket for my mom to come visit from Montana last month? Well that time finally arrived and she got here this past Saturday.  Its sooo good to have her here.  Sometimes you just need your Mom and I don't want to even think about her leaving soon. I did book her ticket though to stay a month. Its been since my wedding that she's been here in Texas so she has family to visit.  The week after next I will have both my grandma Nanny and Mom here and that will be awesome too! My friend Kimi came by on Sunday to visit Mom and tonight my cousin Jadona and friend Di are coming over to visit. Mom makes an amazing spaghetti so dinner tonight is going to be yummy! Lots of visitors here and there but also she's had time for lots of rest.  Remember she has chronic Lupus and not in best health either. 

I am working from home this week so I can be with Mom and I am so very grateful to be able to do that. Its been raining and storming the last few days so good lazy days around the house.
I ran out of the sessions that was given to me from EAP for my counseling.  I then called our insurance through Todd's job and I got 3 more free sessions.  I need to book those soon.  I really do enjoy the counseling and not ready to be done just yet. I will admit that they haven't called me ( the counseling office) and were supposed to check through my insurance and call me back and never did.  I think I fell through the cracks but I wont blow them off just yet.

So that's it for now. I know my blogging has been sporadic. I want to get back in the groove. I will.  Don't give up on me. 

10 comments:

  1. It's so hard to keep all the balls in the air when you're grieving. I think we need to give ourselves permission to let some things go. Eventually we find our place and get back to all the things we love.

    I love that your mom is visiting you for a month. You need that time with her. Take full advantage of it.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, dear Holli!

    Don't worry. Your blog friends will never give up on you. I realize you are still in a great deal of pain, but it was great nevertheless to see you smiling in these pictures. It is also wonderful to see Mimi looking so happy and I wish her a happy 88th birthday. What a blessing to have your mother down for a visit. It's so true. Sometimes you need your mother. Mine has been gone 21 years now and I miss her every day. Keep busy and keep surrounding yourself with friends and family. That's a tried and true method for recovering from the blows that life dishes out. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that your mom is with you now! That necklace is incredible. I had the funeral home save a thumbprint from Richard too. I have totally forgotten about having necklaces made for the girls. I want a knife for Darian and Justin. I need to call and see if they still have his prints. Thinking of you. Cry for as long as you want, lady. I still cry every couple of days myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool charm. I know it still hurts but it looks like you have a great support system around you. Great pics. Happy birthday grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the necklace! And I can't wait to see what you get from the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm crying too, what a beautiful thoughtful gift that Deb bought. That is one long table of guest for her party!!! Enjoy your time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you have happy things going on in your life. Enjoy them. I love the thumb print necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her birthday and mine are a week apart the 23rd was mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to honor a loved one! I'm pretty sentimental about things like that. Love it.

    Sporatic is just the ticket some times. You've had a lot going on and I hope this visit from Mom is wonderful. Hugs to you, Holli!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!