Monday, March 28, 2016

MY Easter weekend.

Yesterday was a good day.  My stepmom Deb and I joined my aunt Brenda at her Catholic Church for Easter service.  I missed my home church but I saw a few of my church friends/ members the night before and told them I wouldn't be there. I do enjoy attending Catholic masses during the holidays. I miss all the traditions that my church doesn't do.
Afterwards , my cousin Dusty hosted the family lunch.  There were tons of people and kids and it's so fun to watch the kiddos on the Easter egg hunt.  As always, there was so much food and it was all delicious. We all brought a side dish / dessert and I took a fiesta ranch corn dip with chips.  
My grandma Mimi was there and we had a nice visit. We both cried together of course thinking about Daddy. This was our first Easter without him and we got through.  Friday had been a hard day. Just randomly , I burst into tears and sobbed my eyes out.  Then I was OK again. 
We could buy Easter lilies and dedicate to someone we've lost so I bought one for daddy. Wendy took pic for me and brought it home for me to get later. 

Todd has been sick and he missed Easter completely. He didn't feel like going to church and he didn't go to his parents house for family lunch.  I felt bad that he was home alone but he napped a lot which was good.  He has zero energy and he was taking a ZPac for a week but he's not sure it helped anything.  We have SO much to do before we move and he needs to feel better.  He even missed the surprise birthday party we had the night before that was for dear friend.  My allergies are killing me and I'm hoping I can keep them under control before they turn into full blown cold. I hate the Spring!! Pollen is everywhere and my truck is coated in green. 
Saturday night was the party and it was my dear friend Wendy's big Five O.  She's hard to surprise but we were able to pull it off which was great.  Her daughter J planned the party and picked the weekend.  Our friend Mindy and I did the rest. Haha.  Isn't that how it always ends up? We decorated it really cute though and didn't do any of the Over the Hill cheesy stuff.  We had lots of fun helium balloons in red, white and black.  I decorated the tables with white butcher paper and then had a strip of red and white chevron crepe paper down the length center. I decorated mason jars with ribbon and burlap and cut up fresh red roses and white carnations.  I even brought a porch screen to hang a shimmery background for a photo booth. We had some cute props for the booth.  The party was a bar and grill and we reserved the upstairs part.  It was pretty crazy because of March madness basketball.  Add Easter to the mix and many of the invitees couldn't make it but we had around 20 people.  Wendy's birthday is actually next week but she's going to be out of town. 

Busy busy weekend but it was spent with family and friends so nothing better than that. Oh and I got a haircut on Saturday morning and it's shorter than I've had in a loong time.  It's still long but not past my waist long. It's just barely at my bra strap long.  The shorter I go, the curlier it gets and man is it crazy curly now!
I love this song so much and posted it a few years ago but it never gets old around Easter.
My Redeemer lives :

Hope all of you had a blessed Easter!! 
Gotta go back to work now...... 

10 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the church at easter. I used to stay up to watch Easter vigil (and Christmas Eve midnight mass) on TV, but our new Bishop is too cheap to spring for TV time, apparently. The old Bishop was a saint that was willing to do whatever to touch lives for Christ, but I don't know what the new guy's deal is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be and God has blessed both Todd and I with a wonderful church. Still something holds me back from being re-baptized at our church. I stand proud that I was baptized and confirmed Catholic.

      Delete
  2. Happy to see you posting and all these wonderful pictures too! Don't be hard on yourself about bursting into tears. I still do and I am coming up on 2 years since Richard died. Last night after everyone had gone to bed and I was watching TV out of no where came the tears. And loud whaling too. Glad it didn't wake the kids. Today I feel so drained! So be kind to yourself My dear Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending big hugs to you Paula. I cry a lot and I think of my stepmom and the huge loss she has now missing Daddy. I do feel like I get I'm getting a little better since I don't cry every single day.

      Delete
  3. Hi, dear Holli!

    It does my heart good to know that you and Mimi and most of your other loved ones had a great Easter celebration. You were long overdue for some fun and laughs. The only fly in the ointment was Todd being too sick to participate. I'm sorry to hear it. House hunting was a stressful roller coaster ride for you guys and I'm sure it took its toll. I hope he gets plenty of rest and bounces back soon. You are a great friend for working behind the scenes to organize and decorate the venue for Wendy's surprise b-day party. Looks like a good time was had by all. I am very happy to see you smiling again, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Shady- it does feel good to smile again. I love my dear friend Wendy and she deserved a good party. She lost both her husband and her mother last year. I've mentioned her a few times here. I know that I need to suck it up and put my sadness aside when it comes to celebrating a good friend like her. Mimi is getting much frailer since Daddy has passed and I'm worried about her. She's lost 30 lbs and didn't have that to lose. It was good to spend Easter with her. Todd is going to Dr today so hopefully we can find out whats going on. Have a great day friend!

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a good Easter and a fun weekend! Sorry your other half is down for the count. Hopefully, things will turn around soon! A few prayers headed your way.
    Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wished Barbara. I appreciate the prayers for sure. Hope your Easter was a great one as well.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad that you got to have a lovely Easter day. Looks like a great gathering. So sorry that Todd isn't feeling well. Sending well wishes his way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy time! Whew!!!

    I sure hope Todd feels better soon. It's no fun being sick. You might want to add Mucinex to your "arsenal" during allergy season. It really does help clear out the mucus (which isn't your friend!).

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!