Saturday, April 2, 2016

A to Z- "B"

So today is Saturday and we are BLAZING through our house packing BOXES with a vengeance.  We’re currently living in a 4 bedroom ranch style house that is filled to the brim.  We want to be at least 95% packed for the movers next Friday. The good news is that we paid this month’s rent full rent with out pro-rating it so we have a few weeks after closing to come get the small straggler pieces.
 My hubs and I have already shed some BLOOD through this mess. I got a fat paper cut when grabbing some cardboard boxes and Todd broke a glass candle holder and cut his finger.  I should add Band-aids to list of must-haves during a move.
So let me tell you a story about what my “angels” did yesterday ( Friday).  Normally on Friday’s, I work from home which also means my dogs get a break from going into their kennels all day.  I had to go into the office for half day this Friday though because of classes I was training. A little after noon,  I came home to a huge mess in my kitchen and living room.  My dog Lila is onry! She has done much damage in the 18 months that we’ve had her.  We joke that she’s “from the streets” and is ghetto girl. Her shelter name was Sweets so she’s Sweets from the Streets!! Hahaha.  She has taught Jax some bad habits.  Anyway, ironically we even bought an expensive trash receptacle that locks so that she couldn’t get into it.   That’s a BRILLIANT idea IF you remember to lock it!!!!  I had made a plate for Todd on Easter when he didn’t come because he was sick.  It had baked beans, mashed potatoes, smoked pork loin, green bean casserole, and a few other items I cant remember.   He never did eat it so I threw the whole platter in the trash.  We had take out Mexican food one night and we both had leftover beans and rice that we didn’t eat.   BELIEVE me when I tell you , they ate good!!  
So they were very BAD and they didn’t get any more treats for the rest of the day.   They knew they were in trouble when I came in and the look on their faces were Busting of guilt. 
I only took a few pictures because I had to get busy cleaning it up, eat my own lunch and then work from home office all in an hour.


How can you stay mad though at this cute face? 


So here is a song for you today.  Bad Bad Thing- Chris Isaak

  Have a great weekend y’all!!  It’s supposed to be BEAUTIFUL and BRIGHT  this Sunday in Dallas.  Yay!

24 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli!

    It might be BEAUTIFUL and BRIGHT in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, but it's DARK and DISMAL here in Central Florida. However we are grateful for the moisture at this time of year.

    I could never stay mad at Lila and Jax for long, not with those faces and cute costumes. Looking at the scenario from their point of view, they assumed that you and Todd had left a care package for them. Our Cocker Spaniel Toto loved to get into the trash cans, too. For some reason she loved chewing gum - ABC gum (already been chewed) - and if there was any to be found in the trash receptacles around the house she would overturn them, tear through the contents to find her treat, then walk around chewing her gum as proud as you please (never swallowing). We used to laugh like crazy when we'd catch her chewing gum.

    Thanks for the funny story, dear friend Holli, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shady, I am laughing out loud at thought of seeing your cute dog chew gum!!! I can't believe she didn't swallow it. That is so funny- thank YOU for sharing that story with me. Happy Saturday and have a restful day indoors .

      Delete
  2. So are you moving in the middle of this A to Z? Oh man! I hate all the mess! First you have to pack everything up, and then it takes months to get everything arranged properly in the new place! Last time I moved, I found my box of toothpicks and a packet of matchboxes more than a year after moving into the new place!
    - Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- I've lost my mind to decide to take blogger challenge while being smack middle of moving.
      We are renting currently and we bought a home. It's going to be good to have everything unpacked. Eventually. Now I'm busy getting this house packed to go. Take care!

      Delete
  3. Holli, you hold the honor of being the one blog that actually ellicited a response from the ever elusive Hubzam: "Tell Holli that M is for movers."

    We are out looking at houses today, as a matter of fact. I can't wait to see you settled in your new digs!

    So glad to see you back in action! Love ya!


    Cherdo
    Cherdo on the Flipside
    "Favorite Characters, Favorite Lines" on the A-to-Z Challenge 2016

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M is MOST definitely for Movers!!! Good luck on your search today. I am looking forward to being in the house and not having to move again for a long long long time!!
      It's good to be back sweet friend and I can't tell you how much your encourage man and support have helped!! It's friends like you that made me WANT to come back to blogging more. Have a blessed weekend! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you came home to that mess. But, it made me think of this video I saw on FB a while back. Hilarious. You can't tell me dogs don't feel guilty. They KNOW when they're bad!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kLdO3EsECs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That video is hysterical!! That's my Jax. He's just so good and Lila gets him into trouble. He knows when they're in trouble.

      Delete
  5. These pictures help me to remember why I don't have dogs! Hope the packing is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine life without them. They bring me so much joy!
      Packing is exhausting but slowly but surely we're getting there.

      Delete
  6. The question I have is this: did the tearing up the garbage happen before or after you dressed him up in a pink hat and sweater? XD

    John Holton
    Blogging from A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    The Sound of One Hand Typing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Actually it was after. That was kind of her punishment. Lol

      Delete
  7. Just what one needs when ready to move...when the little angels turn into Beelzabubs and have fun with the trash. The doggie is a cutie though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly added to my stress level quite a but in that hour. Then I was on high alert because I was afraid of what they might have gotten into that could be harmful. Good thing they're so dang cute!

      Delete
  8. haha! I can only laugh at this because I've been there!!!! My two dogs LOVE garbage. Some days I come home and wonder 'when will I ever learn!?' But, you're right.. can't stay mad for too long :)

    Visiting from the A-Z blogging challenge @ www.alongcameadog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. My dog Jax should be a professional shredder. He loves napkins and Kleenex to shred. Cracks me up!

      Delete
  9. Oh wow! My dog always used to know when she'd done wrong too. You can tell by the looks on their faces. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their guilty faces make me laugh so I can't stay mad at them. They are so confused right now at home with boxes everywhere. I feel sorry for them.

      Delete
  10. Between my dogs and chickens, I am so NOT in charge at my house! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Can I possibly say, I don't envy your move or the pets???

    BE happy!
    @dcrelief from
    remove the rose colored glasses
    anartfulblogger
    dcrelief - Battle of the Bands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- moving sucks! The clean up though from the dog mess only took a few minutes. I love them so much that they were forgiven instantly. Have a great Monday sweet Dixie!

      Delete
  12. BEST I can tell you is, BAD doggies! I don't BEGIN to understand why they do such BAFFLING things! BUT one thing I do know is a BIG amount of doggie posts can BE posted under P for PIG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable ruffian. Dogs will do the darnedest things when they smell food.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!