Monday, April 11, 2016

"I" Introduction

Good morning y'all!  I also took today off from work so that I can could have another day to unpack.  I have broke down dozens of boxes but I look around and it seems as if I made zero impact  at all.  Trouble with downsizing, is that you have too much stuff with no time to decide what stays and goes.  Lots of anxiety going on!! 
Anywho, I need to get my quick post out so I can get back to unpacking and I thought I would introduce myself. 
My name is Holli and I recently got married 3 years ago in August.  My hubs name is Todd and we've been together for 5 years. The funny thing is that the whole cliche of marrying my best friend really did happen. We were best best friends for 17 years when we decided to give a go.  I wish I could tag my posts about us but I'm blogging from my phone app. 
I live in suburb of Dallas , Texas.  I was born in Dallas in May of 1968. 
I have 2 step kids - a boy and a girl and I have 2 furry kids - a boy and a girl. Jax and Lila live with us and the human kids live with their mother. 
We just bought a house this past Friday and it's been crazy.  
I work full time for a distribution company  as a corporate trainer. This year in September will be 21 years there.  We are in process of being in huge merger that was announced last year but it takes time to combine 2 companies with different systems and processes.  
I ride a Harley. Was raised on motorcycles my whole life and Todd rides too. Lately, I've been riding on the back with him but I'm thinking of buying a new bike ( trike).  We've gone to Sturgis the last 2 years and I went another time 12 years ago ( before Todd). 
My most amazing sweet Daddy just recently passed away in January and I'm still shaken to my very core.  
About 5 months ago, something snapped inside of me and I have depression and anxiety like never ever before. I feel broken and I can't handle stressful things like I used to.  I've cried everyday during this move and I hate myself afterwards.  Who am I? I used to be a rock and fiercely independent . 
I am addicted to Starbucks but of course cutting back to twice a week since moving is so expensive! 
I use explanation marks too much.
I am a quarter Choctaw Indian. My grandfather was full blooded.  
I still have both my grandmas and they are both 89.  
My little sweet mom suffers from terrible chronic disease Lupus .  I will blog about that on my letter L. 
I have a brother Jeremy that lives in Oklahoma with his wife and my 2 nieces.  
I have a stepbrother Draeger and stepsister Rachelle who both live in Northern California with their girlfriend and husband and my other 2 nieces. 
I love music more than anything outside of family and friends. We go to a lot of concerts and my music preferences are all over genres. Country and rock and Christian are the ones I listen to daily though. 
My imagination is very creative.  My mom said it's from loving to read since a very early age.  My dreams are crazy technicolor dreams and I really should write them down sometime. 
I love the Lord! I am strong in my faith and I post inspirational quotes quite a bit here. However, I have close friends that are of different nationalities and religions and I respect that. I don't like being forced anything in my face and would not do that to you either. 
Mexican food is my favorite. I could seriously eat tacos everyday.  
I am procrastinating going back to unpacking so I better run.  Have a great Monday y'all!!! 
My brother Jeremy and me


Daddy, me, Todd, and Mom

My aunt Brenda on dads side, my Incredible stepmom Deb and me. 

10 comments:

  1. Nice introduction. Pleasure to meet you. :D
    Enjoy the rest of your A-Z. I don't know HOW you are able to do it.
    Awesome job so far!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, dear Holli!

    Your "I" post gave you a perfect opportunity to introduce yourself and your family to new readers. I have been following you close to a year and yet I learned new things about you through this post, including the fact that you have Choctaw blood. I am eager to read the "L" post about your mother. I realize that you have taken an emotional pounding for the last five months, enduring one unfortunate event after another, but I believe the part of you that is fiercely independent is still alive and well and will reassert itself when you are ready.

    Happy Monday, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in 2006 my migraines were so bad I had to sell my house and move in with my mom and stepdad. On top of that, my anxiety was sky high. Like you, I was crying all the time. The most minor thing could set me off. I don't know how many times I laid on bed and bawled. Or on the floor with my dog. It was really a bad time, so I think I have an idea of what you're going through here.

    I wish I could point to ONE thing that made it all better. I can't. I do think things like yoga and meditation help. Listening to soothing music helps. Even writing out positive affirmations and posting them in places like your bathroom mirror helps. Holding/petting the dog helps. Praying helps.

    My point is that I made it through and so will you. Just hang in there, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this! You were a beautiful bride. I am happy you are getting some unpacking done! Good luck with the rest of it! I use exclamation marks too much too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Holli. I am so excited for you and your new house. Even though the unpacking is a pain, it will feel so good when everything is in its place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're just up the road from me Holli! I'm in Austin...
    Was great reading about you. I too would love to have a trike!! I'd kill myself on a bike...I'd only feel safe with three wheels!
    I've never been to Sturgis but I used to own a bar and a bunch of my customers went and brought me back a t-shirt. Does that count?? :)

    Nice to get to know more about you. Great choice for the letter I!
    Happy unpacking. Moving is a bitch.
    Oh, and re: the depression: try some Wellbutrin. It helps!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  7. That, I thought, was a perfect post for the A to Z. I think that might be a good thing for all participants to do.... which, of course, isn't me, so who cares what I think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound like a nice girl. So glad we "met" last year. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Though I feel like I already know you, I enjoyed very much your brief little bio. You'll get this done, you'll get through it! Love you!
    Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom died of complications from lupus. It is not a fun condition. Good luck, God bless, keep the smile. [ looks and feels like you deserve it ! ] ; )

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!