Saturday, April 9, 2016

"H" is for Home

Ok so it's not midnight here in Dallas yet. In fact I have one hour to go if I really want to push it.  I bet you thought " yep, Holli is so busy moving and unpacking, no way will she continue the daily blogging challenge"! I must have paused 5 times at least , saying to myself that I really needed to post today. However, the unpacking was much more important .  I'm happy to say that we are almost 100% moved into our new to us house. 
We still left quite a bit at the previous house so we'll be heading over there tomorrow to get more stuff.  
Every bone in my body hurts. Mostly my back though. I've struggled with back pain for years and I had been doing to good lately. I can't stand straight from all the bending over unpacking and lifting.  
Have a great rest of your weekend. I'm going to bed! 
Signing papers on our house at title company. 

That's us with our realtor.  She was great! 
Jax and Lila found a perfect window to bark at everyone who walked by ( which was many because our front yard is a park). 
Moving and barking is Hard work!! 

14 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of your new home!

    When I saw the pics of you at the title office, that took me back! I've done that a couple of times. It just doesn't seem possible there are that many papers to sign. I kept thinking to myself, "We must be close to the end now." Nope. They just kept coming. That is one case when you actually feel like you've signed your life away by the end.

    And still.... congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there were zillions of pages. Todd had warned me. My pictures of house will come once I unpack. That condo take a while.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You managed to get a post out. Great job! How do you do it? LOL
    I mentioned before how much I hate moving. I don't know what I'd do if I had to, my back has been starting to act up too. Now that you got this post in, you can take Sunday off, right? LOL, Yea, I know, there is probably still too much to do. No rest for awhile, so I hope you find some kind of energy. Make a pot of espresso. LOL Have a great weekend and enjoy your new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, no rest in my future for a few more weeks until I get everything unpacked in a place. Starbucks thankfully is just a minute away!!

      Delete
  3. Hi, dear Holli!

    Hooray for you and Todd and Jax and Lila! The worst part of the move is now behind you - the exhausting, stressful search for the right dwelling, all the boring papers to sign, all the packing and heavy lifting. Now comes the fun part - decorating and arranging your new House and turning it into a Home. It looks like your dogs approve of their new surroundings and I wish all of you much happiness there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes SHady. Once I get unpacked , I'll feel more settled.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new house Holli! Moving sucks and I know all about back pain. I don't envy you all the hard work but now the fun starts: decorating! That's always the part about moving that I love the most: decorating my new digs!

    Loved the photos. You guys look really happy. That made me smile. I'm happy for you! Hope the dogs love their new home. Wishing you many blessings in your new dwelling!

    Happy A-Z. See you next week! Try to get some rest today...

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the well wishes. Still in middle of unpacking. There is a sea of boxes. Ugh!! Dogs are ok. One is nervous of the boxes, the other keeps find in rabbits and killing them. Always craziness!

      Delete
  5. YaY!! Happy for you! I am not looking forward to a move in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thrilled for you, girl! Don't envy you all the work, though. Don't forget some Epsom salts to soak in. A heating pad perhaps and some ibuprofen.
    Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tylenol and Advil have become part of my daily routine. Never soaked in Epsom salts but it worth a try.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!