Thursday, April 14, 2016

"M" - Moving

I thought it would be a great idea to do the A to Z challenge at the exact time I was about to move.  I must have packed my common sense along with the rest of my crap.  I had no other choice but to use Moving as my subject since I've mentioned it in almost every post.  
Today marks one week since moving day officially and when we closed on our house.   It's been a challenge. I can't say that our move has gone smoothly. 
 Our first night in house, Todd makes a trip to Home Depot at 9:45 ( they close at 10) and we have to replace the thermostat. It was 85 degrees inside our house and too hot to sleep!  
Our keypad quit working for good on our garage but fortunately we have our garage door openers now. 
My dog Jax had never once been around water, takes a dive in our swimming pool because he saw Lila on the other side of pool. We think he thought it was blue concrete or something since he's never seen a pool. He instinctively started to paddle thank goodness. I took my shoes and glassss off about to jump in. 
Lila has discovered rabbits. She has killed 3 of them. She brought a bloody dead one into our room that has carpet. 
I had to then find carpet cleaner for the blood. I now have huge stains worse than the blood from the oxy clean. 
All we have left at old house is to get my trailer and hook it up to my truck and bring to new house. We've gone to house every night picking up small stuff we didn't want the movers to bother with. 
I hurt my right hand pretty good. My thumb and pointer finger are swollen. If I hold anything in that hand, my wrist collapses. Todd and I have cuts and bruises all over from bumping into boxes, moving furniture around, you name it. 
My house is too small! I have no room for anything and it's hard to unpack when you don't have a place to put things.  I know it will get better eventually but I'm so overwhelmed and I hate it! 
Our cable/ internet guy was supposed to be here this past Tuesday. No one showed up or called. Then they were supposed to show up yesterday, nope. After being transferred to 4 people and having to repeat everything 4 times, the earliest they can come is the 22nd. That's 10 days later than the first original date of Tuesday 12! I don't care not having TV the last 10 days and 10 days more, what I do have to have is Internet.  Especially now that work is so strict using the web for anything not work related.  
Moving sucks!! I hate it .  I pray for strength and patience to get my house in order very soon so that I don't hate my house. 
I'm grateful to have a newer home to live in. I'm grateful to have a roof over my head.  I don't want to sound like a selfish brat.  One day, I want to share pictures of the house with y'all but if you were to see them now, you would call the tv show Hoarders and report me.  Better yet, they do always put the home together at end of show. Hmmm, maybe they would come unpack and organize for me. 
Last night after work we went to old house to pick up trailer, my truck has hitch on it that is locked. Didn't have the key.  Looked for hours when I get home and finally found it. Wasted trip!! 
I know this what i sound like!! Lol 

Hope y'all have a great weekend. I think y'all know what I'll be doing. 

10 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli!

    I'm sorry to learn about all of the bumps and bruises you and Todd sustained in the process of moving. It will be a challenge for you to part with some of your stuff so that you have enough space in your new home to live comfortably. Downsizing and reducing the clutter in our lives is something most of us need to work on. Mrs. S and I have had some bad experiences with repair techs and construction workers, and your story about the delay in getting the cable guy over doesn't surprise me.

    Please take a deep breath and try to get some rest over the weekend along with all the necessary work you still have to do. Bless you, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I cannot imagine what you are going through. I want to move in the future. I think I should start getting rid of crap NOW! Funny story with the dog going into the pool. He'll get used to it. And bringing you a dead, bleeding rabbit. Oh that will make a good story one day to tell. Grrrrr...that is all I can say about the cable people not showing up yet!! Go harass them on Twitter and Facebook. It will get their attention!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I cannot imagine what you are going through. I want to move in the future. I think I should start getting rid of crap NOW! Funny story with the dog going into the pool. He'll get used to it. And bringing you a dead, bleeding rabbit. Oh that will make a good story one day to tell. Grrrrr...that is all I can say about the cable people not showing up yet!! Go harass them on Twitter and Facebook. It will get their attention!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Scrappy is completely clueless when it comes to hunting. I don't think he would ever do anything with a cornered animal worse than sniff its butt.

    He has also had his incidents with water. When we first moved here, IPFW's foot bridge over the river was just being built and they had a crushed stone "pier" out to the middle of the river for cranes. We walked out to the end one day, and Scrappy assumed that water in the middle of a river was no deeper than on the bank. His other incident came along said bank when he thought a layer of floating autumn leaves were solid ground. Hasn't phased him as far as going in water, but it sure gave him the big eyed craps both times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. I'm sorry for all the fiascos. You will look back and laugh some day - may that day come soon. And though I haven't moved very often, I always forget where my safe place was.

    Take it easy on yourself - you're taking on a lot at once. Keep breathing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like this has been a tough move. I'm so sorry for that. It's never easy, but geez... You really deserve a break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving is tough enough but keeping up with the A to Z Challenge when you do the move is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not saying anything but God bless you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading about the thermostat, garage doors, Jax in the pool, the bunnies being killed and I'm thinking OMG poor Holli. Sending ((Hugs)) and Prayers your way. Breathe deeply dear friend......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moving is a lot of work. Even when you have help moving, it can be quite a chore. Because physically moving from here to there is only the start. Then comes the unpacking and finding spots for everything. Trust me I know. Hope the unpacking goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!