Saturday, April 16, 2016

New York

Last year a few weeks after my stepdad passed in January ( yep he passed last January and Daddy passed this January),  I had to travel to New Jersey for business trip.  I flew into the Newark airport.  It was  a quick trip but I made sure we went into NYC for 2 nights to have dinner.  I just really love New York! I love the energy, the vibe, the history , the smells. 
If I ever win the lottery, I would be a loft in Manhattan facing Central Park.  

So, I feel a wee little bit better today about the the house. We unpacked like crazy and got a lot done.  The best news is that we got cable and internet today!!! We switched to time Warner cable and they sent someone today. Yippee!  We still don't have one completed room so we have to come home from church tomorrow and keep the momentum. We are completely out of the old house as of today. We picked up my trailer and turns in the keys.   
We had dinner with some friends from church last night and had a great evening. We had to call it short though because Todd's back was hurting him .  My knee is black and blue and my wrist has given out twice. So many aches and pains! Boo. 
Tonight we had a fun evening at a close local bar with our friends Mark and Debbie and it was a good night. We had some laughs and drinks and just got home when I realized - oh dear i have to blog !!! LOL! Again like last Saturday , sliding in at 10 pm with 2 hrs to spare. 
Hope you're having a great weekend so far.   Talk to y'all Monday! 

12 comments:

  1. I love these captures...especially that silver car!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love taking pictures with my phone! I was told that the silver car belonged to someone somewhat famous- a reality tv star ( Scott Disick) . Not sure of course

      Delete
  2. Neat pictures! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! I had so much fun taking pics while my coworker drove.

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are stunning. I have never been to New York or New Jersey! Maybe someday. And I agree, to live in a loft overlooking ANY park appeals to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula- you GOT to go one day. It's so amazing to experience New York .

      Delete
  4. I think New York would be a wonderful place to visit, say in the spring, but I wouldn't want to live there. See that slushy stuff in the streets? I don't like it. I like my green, green world all around. My wildlife instead of nightlife. Take care and slow down a little with the house. You are in now. That's what matters. Nothing is going anywhere. ;)
    Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly though, Texas had such a mild winter without a single snowflake. I did appreciate seeing the snow and it was great because it was just for one week.

      Delete
  5. This is the stuff of my nightmares..... I guess I'm a country gal through and through, because I absolutely hate NYC. I'm glad you had a good time though!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do enjoy my visits there because they're usually far in between the last visit. Dallas doesn't get much snow and I liked being in an actual winter!

      Delete
  6. I was just in New York state this weekend for vacation. One day I shall make it to New York city. I loved the photos. Can you image the irony if the Fire Museum ever caught on fire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be crazy! My stepdad was a captain in the fire department in Texas. I took the picture for in honor of him since he had just passed.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!