Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Queen

Truly one of the best bands ever from the 70's.  Freddie Mercury was in my opinion Brilliant!! His voice and theatrics were so entertaining. Their lyrics are so great and thanks to the movie based off Saturday Night Live skit  "Waynes World", their lip-sync to Bohemian Rhapsody , brought them back to popularity to a new generation in the 90's. 
I grew up listening to Queen. Both my parents were big fans so I would hear their music quite a bit.  My mom had every album. I remember her being so excited when their albums came out, we would go buy it right away and listen to it front and back.
It was so sad when Freddy Mercury passed away. He was so talented.
Are you a fan? Whats your favorite Queen song?

Here is Under Pressure with David Bowie
 
Fat Bottomed girls
 
The Show must go on

                                             Somebody to Love

If you go to any sporting event it will be highly probable that you will hear their classic hit " Another one bites the dust".   That's the one song that I do get a little tired of but its still a great song.  Here is that one:


Have a great day yall!

15 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli!

    Queen is a great choice for your Q topic. The band released their first studio album when I was 23 and started landing hit singles on the U.S. chart when I was age 24. Freddie Mercury was one of the greatest voices and showmen of our generation. He took command of the stage and riveted the audience's attention. My favorite Queen song is the retro styled "Crazy Little Thing Called Love."

    Thank you, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great song!! It's hard to choose. Do you remember the show MIdnight special? Mom knew my favorite bands and she would wake me up when it was their time to perform. I begged her to.
      Thanks for stopping by friend.

      Delete
    2. Yessum, I remember The Midnight Special very well. I worked at an NBC station at the time and every week when The Midnight Special came on I sat in the control room with the director and sound man and watched it with them. The control room was equipped with expensive speakers and the music sounded terrific!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'm a Queen fan. They have so many great songs. I don't know if it was because of Wayne's World or not, but I have loved Queen for a long time now. I own at least one of their albums, though I should probably think about getting another if I can find a song I have missed not appearing on their greatest hits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need their greatest hits album /cd too. That would be great.

      Delete
  3. I agree. Freddy Mercury was a true original. Fat Bottomed Girls always gets me up dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think some concert experiences are over-rated, but Queen is not. I love seeing video of Queen in concert. Freddie Mercury lights up the stage. It's hard to pick favorite songs. I really like You're My Best Friend and Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're my best friend is a great one!
      In our early dating courting time, I wrote a cheesy letter to Todd and devoted that song to him. Lol

      Delete
  5. I love the song "Another One Bites the Dust..." I wasn't really a big fan of Queen, but I'll bet you already knew that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- yes ma'am no surprises here.

      Delete
  6. Somebody to Love is the only Queen record I ever bought. Creatively awesome- until they hit the Flash Gordon era and after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Their performance at Live Aid was the best.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a roommate in college who was obsessed with Queen. One day I got back and he had decorated the whole room with pictures of Freddie Mercury. A week later, he dropped out of school, and I had to take all of them down...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!