Thursday, April 21, 2016

Rock and Roll Baby!!

I LOVE music!! We haven't had TV for weeks and I don't miss it one bit. We hooked up the stereo and I get into my unpacking groove.
I love all kinds of music. I enjoy the old school country music- Waylon, Willie, Johnny, Merle, Conway, etc.  I also listen quite a bit to contemporary Christian music. Especially since Todd is the drummer for our church worship band. 
If I had to choose though, I would have to say that Rock n Roll has my heart.  
Todd and I both love to see live music and we go to many concerts. It's so great to be there and hear a band live and rock out with other fellow fans.  I love all the generations of rock, from the 60's on up to today.  
Do you listen to rock? I know many of you do.  Do you have a favorite band? 
Its only Rock n Roll- Rolling Stones
Shook me all night long- ACDC

Little Suzi- Tesla
I love Rock n ROll- Joan Jett

Have a great day yall!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli!

    I liked that cartoon depicting the rock and roll crossroads. :) They say it helps pass the time if you whistle while you work. Hooking up a stereo system and listening to your favorite music while you unpack is a great idea and will make the task less daunting. You know that I love rock 'n' roll. I was happy to see you include Tesla in this post because I have a lot of their stuff. I met the band in 1987 when they came to the studio of the MTV station where I worked and were interviewed by our rock/heavy metal veejay. I have a weakness for glam and outrageous stage spectacles, so I would have to say that Kiss remains my all time favorite rock band.

    Thank you, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly eclectic with my music. I like most 80s music. I like a lot of 50s, 60s, 70s music. I like country. I like Christian music. I like music. I'm not sure I could ever pick a "favorite" band, though I do wax on about Train a lot. But are they my Favorite??? I don't know. I don't think I'd be happy listening to one band, song, or even genre forever and ever. Amen. (Some Randy Travis there to finish it off.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES to rock and roll! I love anything music, really... a few exceptions here and there (pop must be really, really good to get into my iPod), but, like Robin above, I'd have to say I'm pretty eclectic: rock and roll, indie, alternative, punk, jazz, classical... But, when it comes to a favorite band (if forced to choose), there's no contest. Pink Floyd :D

    Thanks for the visit over at Life In Dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rock. One of my main favourite genres, outside of pop. I'm not big on country, so if you are playing a rock song, I will certainly listen. Mind you, I'm not big on hard rock. I just can't get into it. As for my faovurites, that's hard to say as I have so many favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rock it out girl. Love me some AC/DC and those 80's hair bands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fav, "I love rock and roll, put another dime in the juke box baby" I love it. We haven't had tv in a couple of years, i don't miss it at all. Well maybe the walking dead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love old time country too!! And I listen to rock and roll from the 60's and 70's. Then it started losing its appeal for me. Unpacking to music would be the only way to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "She said, ramalamalamalama Rock and roll is king..."

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!