Monday, April 25, 2016

U- Unbelievable

Dang! Who knew that today would be harder to blog than it is on Saturdays.
It's been a Monday for sure.  Hey better late than never.  The first thing that comes to mind for the letter U is a song. Unbelievable.
Back in the early 90's, I was in college and  was all about dancing every night that I could. Dallas had some great night clubs to go dancing with my friends. I was not really into drinking , I just wanted to dance and yes - flirt with the boys.  I was not quite 21 but the bouncers and doormen knew me and would let me in as long as they didn't see a drink in my hand.  I would periodically look over and I'd spy them looking at me making sure I was "being good".  Good times!
This song was super popular and there was an extended dance version. My girlfriends and i would all squeal and run to the dance floor when we heard it come on.  I even bought the tape but honestly I didn't like any of the other songs.  Every so often , I'll hear it now played on the radio and it still brings back fond memories of some fun times. 
Its by the band EMF and song is Unbelievable
 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember this song. I also remember going to clubs to dance. For in awhile in Milwaukee there were clubs for 21 and under. They were set up for kids who wanted to go clubbing but couldn't because they were too young. Unfortunately, this concept didn't last long as kids were rowdy and brought booze in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could get the perfect t-shirt for me personally, it would say "I lived through Disco." Many of my friends (and yours truly) were obsessed with music and dancing. And girl -- it was awesome. So very awesome.

    Where are those mirrored stillettos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, dear Holli!

    I remember that record! I sampled it, using the "You're unbelievable" refrain as a hook in the show open I produced for our afternoon drive time veejay's show. Thanks for flogging my memory, dear friend Holli, and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved to go dancing too! Times are different. We don't have a single club here in Hutchinson to go dancing. Don't give up on me sending the book. I haven't made it to the post office yet!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!