Friday, April 29, 2016

YAZ

Hey yall! I am pushing it tonight to get this post in.  I had my junk show tonight from 6 to 9 and I didn't get home until 10pm.  Then my stupid laptop was dead from being unplugged.  I am exhausted but I cant mess up now when its only 2 more posts left to complete the A to Z challenge.
So for my letter Y , I am posting YAZ. They were one of my favorite bands in the 80's. It was a duo of male and female Vince Clark and Alison Moyet.  Vince was also in the band Depeche Mode which I also loved!  Then after Yaz, he was in group Erasure.  They were in the late 80;s early 90's.  I think YAZ was short for YAZOO because the album said Yazoo but the dj's always said Yaz.   Kinda strange
Their most famous and well known album was Upstairs at Eric's. I seriously love every song on the album.  I went through 2 cassettes between high school and college and I have the CD still now.
Don't Go
 
 
In my room
 
Only You.
 
My show tomorrow is tomorrow from 10 to 3 so maybe I can get my post in earlier. Have a great weekend and Only ONE more post!! Woohoo. Blogging on Saturdays sucked.  Sorry but its true.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Holli!

    I am familiar with Yazoo! In fact I have the English synthpoppers coming up in a post of my own on SDMM. Alison Moyet has such a distinctive, husky voice. I love this duo's music and style!

    Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also listened to Upstairs at Eric's. Yaz was a great group. Thanks for the memories today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made it! Thanks for sharing the tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are having a fantastic junk show! You have to be one exhausted lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just one more day to go! You can do it!
    It's been a great series this month. It's good to see you blogging again and I have enjoyed your visits as well.
    I'll be back for Z.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all the exhaustion was work it - did your show go well? Get your Z online and conquer! Mine went up mid-day, ha ha. Hugs, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They were hot for a short minute then disappeared. She had a good voice though.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!