Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Dallas BFD 2016 concert

Hey y'all, Happy Tuesday!!  How was your Memorial Weekend?  I had a good one.  My birthday present from Todd was tickets to the BFD concert featuring Collective Soul, Sixx AM ( Nicki Sixx of Motley Crue formed the band), 3 Doors Down, Drowning Pool and Shinedown.  I've posted many songs of Shinedown here on my blog. I've never seen them live and they are one of my favorite bands.  The concert was on Sunday downtown at our Gexa arena. It has lawn seating as well as stand seats that are covered.  We got real seats which is nice because you can come and go and walk around and have the same seat.  If you have lawn seats, its first come first serve and people will move you out of the way if you leave your spot.
The concert was SOOOO  good!!!  I loved every band and Shinedown was amazing Live! They literally sounded so good like right out of the stereo.  Have you ever saw someone live and realized that if it wasnt for all the special effects in the studio, they wouldnt sound good at all?  Surprisingly every band was great.  It felt good to just rock out and sing along and jump and dance with the rest of the crowd.  I lost my voice from all the screaming and hollering and it slowly came back yesterday.  Now thats a good time.  LOL
Oh the people watching was at its best too at the concert. The concerts actually started around 2 and there were 3 or 4 other bands that i had never heard of and didnt make a point to see. SO by the time we got there around 5pm, some people were already toasted from the heat and beers.  The outfits were very interesting too.  The things people where to an all day concert made me shake my head.  Seriously, its Texas people and its blazing hot.
I know i shouldnt do this but i have bought several "HOT" t-shirts that are unauthorized in the parking lot of events.  I did the same this weekend.  Here's the deal though, i had already bought a shirt at 40$ inside so its not like they didnt get some of my money. The shirts ran real small too so i had to buy a xxl and its another 5 dollars for XXL or larger.  They had shirts of course for all the bands and they had the 97.1 BFD shirts ( our rock station hosts the annual concert). I was hoping to buy a BFD shirt that had all the bands listed but it didnt have it. It just had 2016 on it with the radio station logo and BFD.  So i had to choose which band i wanted which was a no brainer because i was there to see Shinedown.   As we were walking back to our car after concert, sure enough there was a guy selling tshirts . They actually had exactly what i was looking for with all the bands listed. SCORE for 20$!!!!  I was a happy camper. Todd just shook his head and laughed because he KNEW i would be getting one.  I will say that i actually wear my concert shirts quite a bit so its not like they just sit in my drawer.
Our Dallas skyline in red,white and blue
Shinedown 

Yesterday was a great day too. We had some people over and it was our first get together since we moved in. I'll tell you about it more tomorrow. I gotta run now.
Here is a song from all the bands we saw. I recorded a little bit with my phone but they dont sound good so these are from youtube.

Drowing Pool- Let the bodies hit the floor

3 Doors Down- Here without you

Collective Soul- December


SiXX AM- SKIN

Shinedown- I'll follow you

Have a great day!!

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Holli!

    After losing your voice screaming at that rock show, you should rename your blog Holli's HOARSE Hoots and Hollers! :) Based on your review, the BFD concert was indeed a BFD. It makes me happy to know that you and Todd made the scene and had some fun in the Texas sun. To answer your question, I have been disappointed at a few live shows when the artist or band didn't sound anything like they did in the studio. Sometimes it's because the sound system isn't set up correctly or the venue's acoustics are bad. Other times it is because the artist isn't really as great as the wizards in the studio make them sound on their records. I am very happy to learn that these bands sounded terrific in the field. I am also delighted to have a friend who appreciates rock. These songs are all killer and I thank you for posting them.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA!! Holli's Hoarse Hoots and Hollers has a great rasp to it. LOL
      We had so much fun! I'm sorry I'm just replying back. I've been super busy at work and I'm not allowed to go on internet now at work.

      Delete
  2. WOW that sounds like an amazing concert! People watching is definitely the best part of any large event for sure. I'm always amazed at what people decide to wear to concerts, especially when there's leather and stilettos involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl!! The outfits were crazy! and even what the guys wore too. I saw 2 different guys wearing kilts, 2 different guys wearing scary masks like from Silence of the Lambs- so so much!

      Delete
  3. You wild and crazy kids! I'm glad you had a good time. I still have my Paul McCartney concert t-shirt. I think we saw him in 1989.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's someone I would love to see!! I've seen the Who and the Stones but no one from the Beatles. I saw Julian Lennon once but kinda doesn't count. LOL

      Delete
  4. I am happy you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a blast Paula!! I know you're not a fan of the music but it was awesome.

      Delete
  5. That first picture is a pirate smile if ever I saw one. I can almost hear the "arrrrrrrhhhhh."

    Concerts are amazing. I absolutely love them and sister, I've done the legwork. Fortunately, I grew up in an area that had a lot of concert arenas within an hour or two (Cleveland, Pittsburg, Akron, Canton). Many times, in my shortsighted youth, I chose concerts over necessities, ha ha.

    Big hug - check your email! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that both Todd and I love music and concerts. My ex-boyfriend didn't like to go and was too cheap. I missed out on a lot of bands. Its so great to have a joy and common interest. I love going to concerts!!

      Delete
  6. You two sillies look like you were having a blast. Keep hootin and hollerin, Holli!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you.
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague
    (<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

    trustNjesus ALWAYS, dear,
    and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven.
    God bless your indelible soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you.
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague
    (<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

    trustNjesus ALWAYS, dear,
    and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven.
    God bless your indelible soul.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!