Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Getting ready for pool time

I love love love having a pool y'all!! It's huge and it literally takes up the entire back yard.  I put my feet in it every night when I get home from work.  
It's so hot outside that the water is perfect for swimming.  I've gone a little crazy on floaty's.  I have a long alligator with handles , 3 regular long ones, one shaped as Popsicle , 8 noodles , and 2 floating coolers. My favorites are my swans!!! I'ts funny because I had mentioned to Todd and to a friend of mine that I really wanted a big swan for our pool.  They were kinda expensive though. Todd had looked for me at the pool supplies place and it was 80$. No kidding , the very next day I spoke of the swan to my friend, I went into Kohls on my lunch hour and low and behold- my swan was in middle aisle display - on sale  1/2 off AND I had 20% off coupon. SCORE!!!  I got the white one from them and later that evening on TV I saw a commercial or show that had a big pink one.  I ended up on eBay and didn't find a pink one but I bought a big black one.  I am so happy!! My dog Jax though hates them. He barks nonstop and is scared to go around it. I had to go stand by it so he would know it wasn't dangerous.  Lol. 
So I'm ready to soak up some sun while floating on my swans this holiday weekend .  

5 comments:

  1. I love those swans. I recently saw the big pink one somewhere, but I cannot remember where! Your pool looks so inviting. I loved when we had a pool. But so expensive to keep up. So we let it go.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as a swan can hold a beer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Holli!

    Your swans remind me of the big white one my parents bought for our backyard pool when I was a kid. I used to hang onto it and fall asleep floating around in a circle, carried gently along by the current generated by the pump and skimmer. You are lucky to have such a large pool in which to cool off on these scorching hot summer days in Texas. It's funny that Jax gets spooked when he sees your float toys. I hope he doesn't put the bite on them. :)

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love our pool. It's just a 10,000 gallon above ground, but it is still awesome! I like it especially at night, before bed. The air is cool, the water is warm and the stars!!!
    Barbara from Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you have a pool. We had one in our last house which we lived in for 17 years. Enjoy and your toys sound like a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!