Friday, June 24, 2016

Hanging on

Whats up yall?  I absolutely had no plan on not posting for the last 4 weeks.  I tell you that every week has been something though.  I would appreciate at any time a dull uneventful week to be in my future.
A few Friday's ago to the day ( Jun10) i went into the Emergency room doubled over in excruciating pain. Turned out i was passing my very first kidney stone.  They kept me overnight and didnt release me until the next evening. While they were looking at X-rays, they found a few other things wrong with me that are'nt too serious but to be monitored. Great! Thats why i dont like going to Dr's because they always find something wrong and i had no clue.
Then of course last weekend was Father's Day and it was soooo hard to swallow the fact that Daddy is gone . To add ever more sadness to the day , my pastor and his family are moving and that was his last sermon.  So i opted to stay at home in bed with covers over my head in complete denial and no way could i have attended the service.

This may be the lazy route but i'm going to copy/paste my facebook post i made last night after being stuck out of house for 4 hours.  This craziness was last night.
So it's after one am and Todd and I are just getting settled in. It's been quite an evening! Todd got home at 9 from band practice and we took our dogs for a walk . We went out our patio like we always do and closed the glass sliding door. It locked us out. Neither one of us had our phones. Our first attempt was to borrow a coat hanger to try to break in our door with no luck. So the neighbor called AAA to send tow truck and they opened Todds car so we could use the garage door opener. BUT, Todd locked the door from garage going into kitchen. The AAA tow guy called a few locksmiths and none of them would even answer phone or it was too far. We called my in laws and asked to find us locksmith and that we didn't have our phones. This was now 10:09 pm (I asked tow guy). So Todd goes out front and waits an hour. Then he walks to the corner 7 eleven about a mile or so away to use their phone and call his parents to check on locksmith whereabouts . Clerk at 7eleven wouldn't let Todd use phone because the flower mound police dept told them not to let people use phone because they most likely got released from jail. There was no pay phone of course. So Todd walks next door to police dept and they said they can't let them use the phone and to go to 7 eleven. He explains that now we've been locked out of our house for a few hrs with no luck with locksmith and that he's on foot and walked there for help. The lady told him sorry , walk to Mcdonalds. Which is another few blocks up road opposite direction. So he walks back home. Meanwhile I'm walking back and forth from backyard with dogs to front yard being hopeful a locksmith will show up to get us in our door to kitchen. A police car even passes Todd and never even pulls over. It's a little after midnight. We broke out our bedroom window and i crawled through . It's exactly one am when I unlock the door to let Todd in. Joy to the World!!!The locksmith called in laws and said they circled neighborhood a few times. UM NO LIAR ,YOU DIDNT. Not one car came down our street. So lessons learned- NEVER spending a single penny at that 7 eleven and the flower mound police dept suck for telling 7 eleven not to let people use their phone but yet send people there to ask for phone. I have another story for another day about flower mound cops so I've known they suck for years!!! I hate feeling this way too because I absolutely Back the Blue and have many cop friends. Also, never leave your phone even to walk the dog. I'll be calling a window glass repair man tomorrow and hiding spare key in garage tomorrow. I'm a little too wound up to sleep now. Sigh

Tomorrow we have glass company coming to replace the window pane. It's going to be 150$ plus tax.  As you can see, i've been crazy busy this last month. I didnt share everything that took place because its a separate post.  I just wanted to say Hi and thank you for sticking around. 
See yall very soon- i promise!

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes you gotta wait until you can laugh about it... or rant without insulting the undeserving. You, however, seem to be in the crosshairs of fate, and I have been praying you get out of them for a while.

    If you recall, KC and I had to break into his apartment 230 AM NYE morning. He thinks he should be able to just throw his keys in his vehicle, Jess thinks she should lock the vehicle. Needless to say, it was a good night for Laurie to be home and not drinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell you, I'm in need of a dull moment!! I have since moved a spare key in my truck and outside though.

      Delete
  2. Hi, dear Holli!

    It's great to see you back here again but I am shaking my head as I read what you have been through since last time. So sorry, dear friend! You're right. Doctors are like auto mechanics. They keep hunting until find a bunch more things wrong that need attention. I never had a kidney stone but I have heard they feel like getting cut by a razor. I'm sorry you went through Father's Day this year without your dad. Although you will never get over the loss, I hope special days like Father's Day and Christmas get a little easier for you every year. I am also sorry to learn that your pastor has preached his last sermon at your church, another loss for you.

    I can see how getting locked out of your house could turn as it did into a comedy of errors. Doesn't it seem calamities like these always occur after hours, late at night, on weekends or on holidays? Wow, what a night you guys had! I'm sorry you ran into one hassle after another and had to deal with inflexible people who were unwilling to bend the rules and help you.

    I hope you have a safe, restful and uneventful weekend, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shadester- I would appreciate a boring dull moment right about now!! Many lessons learned from being locked out the other night. One including always have buy spray handy too. I am covered in bites!!

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry about the kidney stone. I took care of many patients passing kidney stones and the pain is brutal!! Our adopted daughter has them pretty frequently and spend a lot of time in the ER. I don't go to the doctor either, for the same reason. I know, I know! Not something an RN should do but it is the way I am. They always find something wrong. I would rather wait to see if it manifests itself. I will have to tell the story of when the kids and I locked ourselves out of the house (Richard was inside and unable to walk) and how it cost me over $200. to get back in. Thanks for this reminder of a great story (NOT) Glad you got back inside. I don't like to bash cops either. But this department needs bashing!! Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 165 to replace the window pane we broke out. Mostly it was labor for them coming on a Saturday. It probably would have been the same amount if a locksmith came so I guess we did the right thing. I was so mad that the police never stopped to help my husband when he was walking past midnight in his work clothes. Thanks guys for the while protect and serve portion!!! errgh

      Delete
  4. You poor dear! Why is it that it always seems when it rains it pours? Life hits you with one thing after another, with hardly a chance to catch your breath in between! If not for the grace of Jesus, we'd never rise up again.
    I am thankful to hear from you. I've been wondering.
    Barbara from Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Barbara!! I really have missed blogging but its just been so crazy. I prefer to blog more and less activity in my personal life. haha!

      Delete
  5. Wow. I can't believe it's still so crazy in your neck of the woods. Girl, you deserve a break. It's got to be right around the corner. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way Robin!! I had a friend post on FB the other day that she's been hearing my crazy stories for 20 years. I said welcome to my life, try living those stories. LOL!

      Delete
  6. So sorry about the stone you passed. Glad your being monitored and that the other issues are no serious. I did read your lock out on Facebook. What an ordeal!!! Take care.....

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!