Monday, July 11, 2016

Kaleo- My new fave band for the moment

Todd and I were heading home from having dinner the other night in the car when I heard a song on the radio that I was really enjoying. I  Shazam’d it with my app so I would have the name of the band and but their song off itunes.  I am a fan of the band Black Key’s and so originally I thought it might be a new song from them. It was cool to discover that it was by a band I’d never heard of.  I love finding new artists !!
The bands name is Kaleo and they are from Iceland. The song that was playing was called No Good.  When I read about them on Wikipedia- realized that they just started their band in 2012 and the song I heard was just released  this year in 2016.   I came across another one of their songs called Way down we go and it was so good! Apparently its been played on a few TV shows in background, etc.

So what do you think? I like the lead’s voice and cant tell that they’re from another country.  I am enjoying their songs!! I got kind of hung up on a new band and then i move onto the next.  Thats Ok though because i love music and all it does for me. 



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them. Funny, i also thought they were cuties too. :)

      Delete
  2. My brother tried to turn me on to them just a few days ago. I'm on the fence... Some songs I liked a lot, others I wanted to strangle the vocalist and replace him with someone with a lower voice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- i hear ya. funny how some songs can be so different than others and change your point of view. I kinda like them right now though.

      Delete
  3. I knew I knew Way Down... currently #3 on the alternative chart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i saw that they were on the alternative chart. Not bad at all for new releases this year.

      Delete
  4. Fun music! Thanks for the intro.
    And thank you so much, Holli, for the review. Woohoo! I'm glad you liked my book enough to read it in two days. Smiles.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure to write a good review lady!! Thank you for the book and the opportunity to read it. I truly enjoyed it.
      Glad you liked the music and new band i posted.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Holli!

    Heck yeah - these guys are fantastic! I never heard of Kaleo before. They perform a refreshingly different, soulful, multilayered style of rock. I would describe the band as a mix of rock and blue-eyed soul. I went to YouTube and watched the official video for "No Good." "No Good" is nothing but great - all three of these songs are great - and I thank you for introducing this fine band from the land of Riley Blue! :)

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I am glad you liked them too Shady. I think they have a distinct sound and look and i like it!

      Delete
  6. I can't listen to this at the moment but I'm going to bookmark it and check them out. I've heard some great Nordic/Scandinavian bands, so I think I'll like these guys.

    The Pedestrian Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris, Thanks so much for stopping by and fingers crossed you like the songs i posted. I really cant tell that they're from Iceland at all.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!