Monday, July 25, 2016

Lila is free from the donut

After 3 looong weeks since Lila hurt her leg, she is finally free from the inflatable donut she had to wear around her neck. I was so glad I found the idea off Pinterest and Todd was able to find it at Petco.  The cone freaked her out completely and we had to have an alternative. 
Last week, I wanted her to have a break from the donut so I bought some toddler leggings and cut a hole out for her tail and had to cut some of the length off her pant legs. She was so happy to have a break and she didn't fight them at all.  They looked so hillbilly because of the jagged edges from the scissors , and they were too big. As long as she couldn't lick her wound, I didn't care what they looked like. 
A few days later I went back to thrift store and bought a smaller pair of leggings to fit her waist better.  While she was in the house she would wear these but as soon as she had to go outside, the donut had to go back on.  We took her back to vet this past Friday night and they took remaining stitches out and she was released from having to wear cone or donut. We were all so relieved.  Poor thing lost weight around her neck from wearing it.  I put collar on last night and it was too big.  I'll fatten her up again! M
She likes to lay her head on the pillow and it was hard to do with bulky donut. 

On Saturday , I stopped at garage sale and across the street from there these cute kids were selling lemonade for cancer.  They said one of their friends mom had cancer. I thought that was just so sweet! I donated and bought a big cup because it was 100 degrees outside. 

I will show you tomorrow some of my garage sale finds. I always forget to take pictures.  
Hope y'all had a nice weekend.  We had friends over that had not seen our house yet and we went swimming. The water was so warm even at 10pm.   I love having a pool! 

10 comments:

  1. WE used to love having a pool. But sometimes the water got so warm it was not pleasant. I would add more cold water. Seemed to be a never ending thing in the summer. Such cute pictures of the doggy in the baby leggings. Glad she is better now and free of the donut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pool goes to 10 ft deep so it stays cool over in the deep end. Its so nice!!
      I am so relieved the donut is gone. At night, Lila likes to lay between my legs and it was awkward with her donut on. HAHA!! And hot!

      Delete
  2. Scrappy had his health checkup Friday. (Doing fine BTW) While we waited outside for his blood results, two doggies left with collars and one came in with one. One of the outies was so pissed at it, they had to leave the Vet's leash on him AND put the owner's leash on to get him to the car. The other had his doggie friend with him- and THAT doggie was so scared of the other's collar he had to be picked up and placed in the back seat with him. In the meantime, we went back inside, where we saw the doggie that came in with a collar drag his owner OUT of the exam room and down the hall! Weird, wild stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we went to the vet the first night of her injury the place was packed. One dog was leaving after being treated for a snake bite, another dog was rushed in with seizures and another one was bloody from a dog fight with its own other family dog. weird , wild stuff indeed!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Holli!

    Right after you left your two kind comments on SDMM today, Mrs. Shady grabbed me and we headed out the door to visit relatives in another city. I knew about your Lila post and was eager to get back here and comment. We just now returned.

    You should have your own TV series called I Love Lila. I am very happy to learn that Lila stopped picking at her stitches, finally healed up, got a grade A report card from the vet and is finally free of the donut collar. God bless her! I think most dogs have a short memory when it comes to annoyances like those cones and collars and she has probably put the episode behind her already.

    I'm sorry you are sweltering in triple digit heat over there. It was nice of you to join the fight against cancer by buying lemonade from those kids, and it is very nice of them to be operating that stand for charity.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Holli, and thank you very much for your message on my 8th anniversary post. It meant a great deal to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Lila and Jax!! They give me daily joy.
      Hope you're week has been a great one for you ,friend.

      Delete
  4. Cute dog photos. Glad she no longer has to wear the cone or donut. Must be hard for a dog to understand what is going on.
    That's adorable kids are still selling kool-aid. It's always a great learning experience for kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lila is such a touch little cookie. She had a rough life before us judging from her scars. I love her so much!
      I was so impressed with the cute kids selling lemonade for cancer. Such big hearts.

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear that she is all better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! Relief for all of us without that donut.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!