Friday, August 5, 2016

It's my Blogaversary

Hey y'all, I've been MIA for a few weeks now.  Quite frankly I've been under the weather for what seems like the last month or so.  I'm struggling with vertigo right now and it's awful. Some days I'm too dizzy to drive to work. Other days, I'm still dizzy but functioning slowly.  
I have missed my blogging friends but i usually read blog posts from my phone and after a short time looking at my screen, I get dizzy.  To add to the list of ailments, my back is been acting up again too. I haven't felt like doing much of anything. Good times! 
Today is my actual 5 year blog anniversary .  It seems like it was just a few months ago and then sometimes it feel like it's been forever. My blog and blog followers have changed so much in the last few years. I also follow different bloggers than I started off following. I'm happy with how it evolved. I should probably change out a picture or something though. Maybe later. 
How about you? How have you been? Staying cool? It's been in triple digits here in Dallas this week and I hate it! When I get in my truck after work, its 108 on my thermostat.  In the evenings I like to stick my feet in our pool and the water is so warm.  Not exactly refreshing but I still really love having the pool! 
What I'm really looking forward to is planning my Holliween party that will be here before you know it. Can you believe it's already August?  My theme for Holliween this year is masquerade. I've never been to a masquerade party or hosted one before. I'm really excited!  I have to share a funny thing with y'all.  This past Tuesday was a bad day for me. I woke up nauseous and dizzy so I had to work from home. I napped during my lunch hour which is not me because I've never been a napper. I'm barely a sleeper at all.  I was just lethargic and felt like poo.  I ended up taking a Dramamine for my dizziness and it does make me drowsy so I waited until I was off the clock from work. Later in the evening, when it was bedtime, I wasn't tired since I had taken a nap. I decided to go look at Pinterest on my iPad and look at masquerade decorations, etc.  You know many pins will actually take you out of Pinterest if you click on it and you'll be at a website, blog, etsy, and other places. So I had clicked on a dress which made me end up in eBay and I thought I clicked on watch this item.   Come to find out, the following day ( Wednesday ) , I had a dress in my cart in eBay waiting for payment.  I ended up having to buy it and couldn't cancel. I bought a blue frilly dress that is a size 22/24.  I am a 14/16 in dresses. Haha! I can't believe I bought a dress and don't even remember doing that at all.  I guess I was under influence of the Dramamine and back pill.  The dress is non refundable but it was only 25$ total so no huge loss if I hate it in person.  Isn't that crazy?! 
I watched a TV show one time and the lady would drink tons of wine and then take a sleeping pill and she would end up having dozens of packages deliver later in week from shopping online under influence. I kinda laughed thinking yeah right! Just using that as an excuse.  Nope- now I believe her. LOL! 
So any fun weekend plans? I'm going to a friends house warming party tomorrow . She moved into a gorgeous new home and also has a pool. Sunday, I plan on laying low and floating in my own pool.  
Todd and I saw ghostbusters last weekend. We hardly ever go to the movies so it was a treat. Movie was super cute! Have y'all seen it? 
Well that's all I got today folks. Have a wonderful weekend and I truly hope to post again very very soon. 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks John!! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Holli!

    I am very sorry to learn about your vertigo, dizzy spells and back pain, not to mention sweltering in triple digit heat over there. I'm hoping you find relief day by day and bounce back to health good as new. Get some rest over the weekend and put your pool to use.

    In the meantime I wish you a very happy 5 year blogiversary! That's no small accomplishment, dear friend!

    Yessum, it'll soon be Holliween and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us. I have several Shadyween posts planned for October.

    Once again, happy blog anniversary, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh Shadyween- say it ain't so!! I can't wait .
      Thanks for stopping by with the well wishes.

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogaversary! I hope your weekend is stupendous. It has been so hot here in Kasas as well. Until today! We hardly made it to 80* today! I mowed the grass in celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula!! i would kill for just an 80's day. You have grandkids to mow your lawn- what are you thinking? LOL

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! Hope you're feeling better, and staying cool.

    The Pedestrian Writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris!! Staying cool has been a challenge for sure.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. ((Hugs)) I'm glad you enjoyed Ghostbuster's, I haven't seen it yet. Happy Blogiversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby!! Who knows if i'll still be blogging 5 years from now.

      Delete
  6. My poor grandma suffered with vertigo and I'm so sorry you have to go through it, too. Hope this passes SOON.

    In the meanwhile, happy blogiversary, sweet friend! Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend!!! I'm going to Dr tomorrow to see about the vertigo. its been all week still. Boo!

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!