Tuesday, August 9, 2016

It's stupid Hot!!!

Y'all , I'm seriously melting. It's that time of year in Texas (August) that I question myself why I live here.  We've been under " heat advisory " for a week.  Yesterday when I left work, my truck was 112 inside. It cooled down to 102 by the time I got home.  It's not fun being sweaty and red in the face most of the day.  At my office, I have a small fan on my desk that I keep blowing at all times.  That helps a lot!
How's the weather where you are? I spoke to Mom last night and they got a storm that has rolled in and cooled things by 20 degrees.  I think she said it was 43 degrees when we spoke.  I almost packed my bags right then.  
Stay cool and drink lots of water! 

A song that i have had in my head for a while is catchy little country song by Maren Morris.  She is from Arlington which is a few minutes west of Dallas.  Of course now she lives in Nashville but she's a Texas gal!
The song is called My Church


10 comments:

  1. Hi, Holli!

    I don't envy you sweltering your way through summer over there, dear friend, but I needed to laugh at your memes. It was 43 degrees at your mom's house? Where does she live - Barrow, Alaska? :) It is also much more pleasant here along the Central Florida coast - in the 80s most of the time - and I'm loving it.

    Maren Morris is sensational! Her style on "My Church" is little bit old school traditional country and I like that a lot. Thanks for sharing her song and video!

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny when it gets to be 99- we actually get excited. Sad actually!
      I'm glad you enjoyed the song by Maren Morris. I really like it too and play it often.

      Delete
  2. It has been really hot here in Kansas too! But, I love summer. I haven't had A/C in my car for a couple of years. And with all of this driving kids to and fro I am starting to wonder why it is I love summer! But really, I'll take the heat over the cold anytime! Today it is 87* with 61% humidity at my house. Stay cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope not me. I prefer cold any day all day over this crazy heat!!
      I am not sure i could last a day without ac in my car. Stay cool!

      Delete
  3. Oh hon. My sympathies. I had many days and moments when I sweat from simply sitting at my computer. What to tell ya? Ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato...Whatever it takes, babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly- living off ice cream and popsicles these days. Throw in my hot flashes and i'm miserable. Come on winter!!

      Delete
  4. Maren is even better on Drunk Girls Don't Cry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot and humid here too - good luck surviving the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fan!! I need to make a plan for next year to work in montana the month of august.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!