Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Chugging along

I have been crazy busy but then again whats new? My friends and family make comments all the time how i'm constantly running. I guess its true.  My job has also been busy too working on some deadlines to get done before end of year.  Todd is still traveling every week and when he's gone i'm busier with the dogs, house stuff, etc.

So if you're friends with me on FB you saw my post already yesterday about what i am going to type next.  This past weekend , I asked Todd if he remembered watching the Christmas cartoon on The Little Drummer Boy. He definitely remembered and also used to watch as a kid.  I really looked forward to seeing it and wondered why they didnt show it anymore.  We both assume its because of both the religious  content and the violence.  The violence was when the boys parents get killed earlier in the show.   Most of y'all know that Bob Seger is one of my favorite singers ever and he sings his version of Little Drummer Boy that i listen to all the time on my ipod. It was released on an album A Very Special Christmas that featured different artists such as RUN DMC, Stevie Nicks, Tracy Chapman, and more. One of my favorite Christmas albums for sure!  Yesterday while i was at work, i wanted to listen to the song so i went to youtube on my phone to find it. I dont have my Christmas songs on my phone playlist and i dont have my ipod with me at work.   I couldn't believe it when i saw the video being used for the song - it was scenes from Little Drummer Boy cartoon.  One of my favorite singers singing with one of my favorite shows playing in background.  Oh Happy Day!!  Do you remember this cartoon? They actually have a sequel too that was good. I think i may try to find them and order them to have.

Here ya go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOe6REmAf8g



I have to tell you a surprise. Todd bought us tickets to fly to NYC this weekend and to see the Radio City Rockettes.  I am so excited!! He's never been to New York and he's wanted to see it around Christmas time.  We've been watching the weather and its not looking good but we will make the best out of it.  I love love love the Rockettes and i've confessed a few times here that i wanted to be one but never was tall enough.  I cant wait to tell yall about our trip. We have a 6am flight this Friday. Fingers crossed for safe travels and health.  

Have a great day yall!!  xoxox

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Holli!

    I'm delighted to see a new post from you, dear friend!

    I certainly do remember The Little Drummer Boy stop motion animated TV special from its original airing 48 years ago. However I don't think I ever heard Bob Seger's rendition of the song. It's a powerful performance and nicely enhanced by the synced up footage from the cartoon. If that song and video don't get people in the Christmas spirit, nothing will. :)

    I am thrilled to find out that you guys are on your way to NYC to see the Rockettes. I never saw them but have heard that they put on an awesome show. I wish you safe travels and a wonderful holiday adventure so far away from home. I can't wait for your post sharing the highlights of your trip.

    Take care, dear friend Holli, and happy holidays to you and Todd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks for being my first commenter my sweet friend Shady!! I will try to take tons of pics while in New York. Its supposed to be really rainy but i will figure it out.
      I've seen the Rockettes 3 times and i am so excited to see them again. They are so great! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. I remember that cartoon. I love that song. Have fun in New York.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was still shown on TV but its too religious im sure for primetime TV.
      New York was a blast!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas Karen!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. How exciting to be going to NYC. I have always wanted to go. But probably won't at this stage of my life. I will see if through your eyes. So be sure to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch out - i have zillions of pictures! NYC is so amazing and especially this time of year.

      Delete
  4. I remember watching The Little Drummer Boy. As you know I have been watching you on FB and loving your time in New York! That was a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the Little Drummer boy and bummed its not on anymore.
      Thank you for following along with me on FB. Hope it wasnt too much but i couldnt help myself.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!