Friday, January 27, 2017

My height ruined my Christmas gift

I know  I know, Christmas was a month ago.  I'm kinda behind on things so bear with me.
When Todd asked me what i wanted for Christmas, i only had one thing that i really wanted.  I asked for a pair of Hunter glossy black rain boots.    They are stupid expensive and probably a little impractical because they're not something i'd wear too often except rainy days.   BUT- its what i wanted and when else can you ask for something you'd normally not buy for yourself but really wanted?
On Christmas morning, i was SOOO excited to open my box with boots on them. The official logo on the box, the printed wax paper that goes inside the box that covers the boots- the carry bag that comes with the boots. The smell of new fancy boots.  AHHH i was in love.

I had intended to wear them that day for Christmas lunch with Todd's family and i had my outfit already planned in my head.  I put them on and when standing, they seemed good. They went a tad over my knee but didnt think anything about it.  Yay- they were beautiful and looked good. Then i sat down.  The boots went directly under my knee in the back and it felt like razor blades cutting my leg off at the crease.   I happened to be wearing my sleep shorts so i had bare legs when i put them on.  That seemed logical still because i might wear them in a summer storm with shorts or skirt.  Oh well, i put some jeans on and tried again.  When i sat certain low chairs, the boots dug deep behind my knees again.   I sat in the recliner and pulled the bottom rest up and said as long as i dont have to bend my legs, they're great!!!  Todd laughed and said that is So something a woman would say to justify a purchase. 
My leg is at angle and i'm not standing straight up. The top of boot went behind knee. 

I really really did not want to give them up.  A few days later, i went to the department store and tried on a few other pairs but didnt like them as much.  You know when you have your heart set up something specific its hard to let go.  I asked if they had another pair of the same and the guy looked at me funny but he brought me a pair of the same boots same size. When i put one next to mine, it was a tiny hair shorter . I was so excited thinking for sure it would be the answer. I exchanged them and brought them home.
Sadly, i went to put them on again one morning when it was pouring rain and we were heading to church. They were so uncomfortable when i sat down at home. I knew i couldnt sit for an hour at church with them cutting my legs off behind my knees.  I had to return them and get a refund.  I havent given up though.  I went to the official website ( link above) and discovered that there are different styles and sizes. There is an original tall and an original short. Then there are original and adjustable.   Todd got me a gift card so that i can go to different department stores and see if there is a style i like better.
I never thought that my height would ruin my one prized gift i had been looking so forward to! I never considered that my legs would be too short to wear a rain boot.  Its bad enough i couldnt be a Radio City Rockette because i was too short.  Stay tuned for what i end up with . I am going to go explore this weekend.  

14 comments:

  1. Hi, Holli!

    I'm sorry you experienced back-to-back disappointments with your new boots, the ones you had your heart set on. That kind of thing happens to all of us at one time or another. I am aware that many women wear high heels even though they are murder on their feet and legs. It doesn't make sense for you to suffer with boots that cut into the area behind your knees when there's a good chance you can find another stylish pair that fits properly and feels comfortable. I hope your shopping mission is a success.

    Thanks, Holli. You're a great storyteller a fine friend to boot! :) Have a safe and happy weekend, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a fine friend to boot!! HA- you too.
      Happy weekend for you and Mrs Shady.
      Wish me luck that i find some boots that i can be happy with.

      Delete
  2. Fashionista! Those look adorable. I'm glad you asked and received.

    Keep a smile, Holli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were too dream for but sadly i was too short for them. Poo!

      Delete
    2. Silly me, I didn't comprehend this post. Ugh. I'm sorry. I can relate to the height thing being a prob. Clothes and shoes are for tall people only, and it's not fair!

      Delete
  3. I have exactly the opposist problem because I am tall! Nearly 6 feet. But I suppose it would be better to have boots too short than boots to high. Could you have folded them over?? I hope you find some great ones in exchange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They cant fold over because they're thick rubber. I just dont understand why they have tall or short but not average. Makes no sense!

      Delete
  4. Have you tried hanging upside down to stretch your legs? They say it's good for the back, too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should give it a try!! I could use a few more inches to be added.

      Delete
  5. I hope you find a pair that works! A company like Hunter really should have short, average, and tall options for boots. We can't all have supermodel limbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!!! So bummed they dont have an average size. I'll end up with short ones most likely

      Delete
  6. Those are some seriously cute boots! I hope you find some that fit well. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arent they so cute?! I am so so sad they didnt work out.

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will find the perfect boot!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!