Monday, April 3, 2017

Got to keep on moving

Hey there blogger land, how’s everyone been? A week ago last Friday , I had my gallbladder removed. It was a quick surgery done laparoscopically and was home the same day.
After I woke up from recovery and Todd drove us home, I slept all day and all evening and then of course woke up at 2am and couldn’t go back to sleep.  I was so sore and swollen but it got better with every day.  I had a few setbacks and mostly it was all on my being a bad patient.  The worst part was getting into my bed and laying down. Our bed is really really high and it felt like doing stomach crunches when I had to lower myself to lay down.  A few friends told me that they slept in their recliner after they had the same procedure.  I didn’t think about that.   Then one day last week during all those crazy spring storms we had,  our chimney box flew off and slammed into our fence which then caused a portion of our back fence to fall down.  Craziness!  After Todd was able to push the fence back up and secure it as best as he could, I thought it would be a good idea to hang the planter back but of course its much taller than me. I have a small mosaic patio chair by the fence and I stood on it-which caused the chair to sink into the dirt and I fell down.  That stung and brought a few tears but I put an ice pack on my stomach and it was good after a few hours. 
Our mangled chimney box that the winds ripped off a roof and slammed into our fence

The great news is that after 6 weeks, my grandma Nanny was finally released from the hospital.  She had spent the last week in a rehab wing at the hospital and had some physical therapy, etc.   She got to go home to her apartment but she cant be alone. She’s still weak and not so sturdy.  Home health care will be coming 3 times a week and my uncle hired a friend/neighbor to watch over her since she’s closest.  I drove out there on Friday evening to spend her first night with her and she was soooo happy to be in her recliner again.  Its such a miracle! Many nights she actually wasn’t expected to make it and here she is walking and talking back at home again. Thank you for the prayers!
My mom went back home to Montana the Sunday morning after my surgery.  I really wished she could have stayed longer to be there with me at home but it was good to have her take care of me that Friday and Saturday. Nothing like Mom’s sweet gentle hand and voice waking me up to take my pain meds, make me drink something, eat something, etc.   I miss her already.  My best friend Kimi came and spent the afternoon with me and stayed the night on Monday since Todd had to travel out of town. I was still really sore and moving slow and it was good to have her around .  I had to return back to work on Tuesday and the rest of the week but fortunately, I got to work from home.   Last Thursday I also had my first jury duty commitment since we moved.  In fact , next week is our one year anniversary in our  home.  Wow- that went so fast!! Anyway, we were held a few hours and finally released by lunch because the persons who cases were called, didn’t show up and the bailiff said one guy was already in jail.  Yikes!  I did a check in from the courthouse and my friends pitched in with the some hilarious comments .  Here is the post.


Have any of you watched the series Breaking Bad? Todd and I recently got Netflix ( I know – welcome to the rest of the world), and we are “binge watching” this show. Holy Cow it’s intense! We are in Season 3 episode 12 now. There are 13 episodes of this season and 5 seasons total. When Todd travels, I don’t watch it. 
So basically that’s some of my last few weeks in a nutshell. 

A friend of mine was getting onto me on facebook because I was up and about the next day.  First thing that popped in my head was the song-  Nobody’s gonna break my stride- aint nothing going to slow me down- Oh No- I got to keep on moving!....

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad your surgery went well. Sorry about the sleeping issues in your bed. My dad found it easier to sleep in his recliner too when he returned home after hip surgery. That is really something about the storms and the problems you had at the house. Glad your grandmother is home. My dad was home but now it looks like we will have to place him somewhere since his second fall. It is all very sad. He wants to go home. I wish your mom could have stayed longer but at some point we must go home. Glad you had a visit with here. We are thinking of taking a quick drive to Montana and visiting Amber/Dylan. It's been 4 months and I miss her face!!! I don't watch Breaking Bad but my husband likes it. Hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Montana still has tons of snow but Spring is always a great time to go. I bet you do miss them and they would love your visit! I loved every minute that mom was here. I know she was sad that she wasnt able to spend weeks with nanny like she normally does but it was also nice to have her to myself. Breaking Bad is really good. We're trying to decide what we're going to watch next as a couple. LOL. I've been praying for your dad. My heart fell for you when i saw your posts about your dad falling again. Hope your week goes well too friend!!

      Delete
  2. I was glad to see she made it back home. It's about time things started breaking GOOD. But standing on a chair? You Know that never ends well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I said i was a bad patient. I just dont do well with limitations put on me. HAHA!!

      Delete
  3. "Off with their heads!" :)

    Hi, Holli!

    I am very happy to see a new post from you (and still glowing from the wonderful comment you left on mine) plus, I am relieved to know that your gallbladder surgery went AOK and that you are on the road to wellness. You aren't the only bad patient. Mrs. Shady is a healthcare professional, but when she's sick or hospitalized, she's a terror. In 2003 she fell and broke her ankle in several places and needed to have bolts and pins placed inside to hold it together. She spent 10 weeks recovering and was bitching and moaning the entire time. She even made me wheel her outside the hospital every hour on the hour so that she could smoke! :)

    You gave me a scare when you revealed that you took a tumble while standing on a chair. It's a good thing you didn't hurt yourself badly. I am very happy to know that grandma Nanny is back home. Settling back into an old familiar recliner works wonders for the spirit. God bless Nanny! I know you miss your mother, but surely it won't be long before she visits again or you and Todd take a trip up her way.

    Those storms must have produced powerful wind sheer if it was strong enough to rip that chimney box off and send it sailing into your fence with enough force to knock part of it down. Has Texas been hit with any tornadoes so far this season? A few weeks ago a waterspout made landfall a few miles from where we live but I didn't hear about any damage from it.

    I can't get Mrs. Shady to watch Breaking Bad with me and so I haven't been watching it yet. (She hogs the remote :) She won't watch American Horror Story with me either (Shady begins to weep), but I am watching that series by myself as time permits. Knowing how cool a friend you are, I predict that you would enjoy the following series: Prison Break, From Dusk Till Dawn and Fargo. Mrs. S and I are working our way thru season 2 of Fargo and it is very very very good! We watch Fargo on Hulu. I don't know if you can get the series on NetFlix but it originates on the FX channel.

    Happy one year anniversary living in your new home, and thanks again for being such a great (and very cool) friend to the Shadester, Holli! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shadester, yes sir, Texas has already been hit with tornados and 90 mile straight winds. In fact it was confirmed that a tornado hit Lewisville which is where i live the night my chimney box was tore off and my fence fell. Spring weather in Texas is scary. My dads ranch got hammered last weekend with baseball size hail ( no joke) and broke thru all the skylights and destroyed the roofs on the barns and the main house. Luckily no horses were injured or affected.
      Its soooo good to have Nanny home. I believe all my family is able to breathe again and relax for a while.
      I DO want to look into From Dusk till dawn! I think Todd and i definitely would watch that. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll tale AHS with you anytime. I love that show! I love how its different every season. I havent seen all the episodes from last season with Lady Gaga though. I love her.
      Todd and i are going to TRY to get to Montana for thanksgiving to spend the holiday with mom if we can manage it.
      Thanks so much for the long comment. I'm sorry i gave you a scare when i fell down. Its never a dull moment around me. :)

      Delete
  4. Thrilled the surgery went well! Sounds like your grandma got a real miracle! Hope life treats you kinder from here.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet Barbara!! The surgery was a breeze and the healing improves daily. Truly GOD is good with taking care of Nanny. I just get choked up thinking about it. Take care!

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you AND your grandmother are feeling better! 'Love this song, too! ;-) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song is an earworm because its hard to get out of your head isnt it?
      Definitely happy as well to be back at the office and that Nanny is home. Lots of stuff going on and i'm ready for it to slow down. Have a great week sweet Marci!!!

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear you're recovering. Yes, there is nothing like Mom's care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes maam, when i'm sick- i want nothing more than mom. Mom was a nursing assistant for many years so she also has the perfect healing touch.
      Hope you're having a great week so far

      Delete
  7. Glad things are getting back to normal for you. I cannot believe you have lived in your house a whole year. Time just does not stop flying by!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know can you believe it!!! It feels like we just unpacked. We STILL dont have everything in its final place either.
      Normalcy is something to never take for granted.

      Delete
  8. Girl, make sure you are taking care of yourself. Glad to know you are feeling better. But, I know how it is when you are injured, you hate to feel like you can't do anything, I continually try to keep doing stuff too. Of course, living alone, I usually have to. Someone's got to make dinner. Great song selection. I remember this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Laundry aint gonna do itself. LOL
      I should be smarter about some of the decisions i make but its not easy to be still.
      So glad to hear from you and thank you for stopping by!! Take care jeffrey and i'm sending positive thoughts.

      Delete
  9. Breaking Bad is addicting.
    I'm glad you and your Grandma are on the recovery road.
    Happy Easter time, Holli.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!