Friday, August 11, 2017

A cool new band

Hey yall, so have you heard of this new band Greta Van Fleet?  Oh my gosh I love them!! Our local rock station has been playing them and getting lots of requests for them.  Most listeners tend to think there is huge Robert Plant influence.  Close your eyes and tell me you don't hear Led Zeppelin in many places of the song.  I love it! I love that they also have their own look and style. They are also mostly all family that includes twin brothers.  They've been around since 2013 but their song recently was released and got the ball rolling. They will be in concert here in Dallas in October so I'm thinking about getting tickets to see them.    Have a great weekend!!! I am so excited today is Friday.
This song is called Highway Tune.


8 comments:

  1. Sounds so much like Zep I wondered if they started out as a cover band. Found the semi-interesting story of how they got their name at https://web.archive.org/web/20170429021941/http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/5902bfcee4b05279d4edbad7 .Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pretty interesting. she should be flattered.

      Delete
  2. Have a great weekend. I haven't had the book returned yet. Keeping my fingers crossed though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope they return it like decent people should.
      Thank you , you have a good one yourself

      Delete
  3. Hi, Holli!

    Detroit might be Rock City, according to Kiss, but this band from Frankenmuth, a town to its north, rocks the block! I followed the link kindly provided by my old buddy Chris and read the Huffington interview with lead singer Josh Kiszka. Cool that the band's name is derived from that of a town elder. It is also interesting that Josh lists black artists like Wilson Pickett and Sam & Dave among his influences.

    The moment I heard that attenuated primal scream at the beginning of "Highway Tune" it reminded me of Zeppelin. I also hear touches of Motley Crue and other classic hard rock and metal bands of the 80s along with the groove rhythm put down by ZZ Top. I thoroughly enjoyed this track and thank you for introducing me to Greta Van Fleet. They've got what it takes to be huge. I hope you get to see their show in Dallas. If you do, please post a review.

    Have a great weekend, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been listening to a bunch of videos of them that have been uploaded to Youtube. Did you know the lead singer is only 18 and still in high school? I really like their sound and impressed that they've done so well so quick.
      Have a great weekend Shadester!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh, wow! 'Loving this song! You have introduced my to some really fun groups. Thank you! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I am so glad you like them too.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!