Monday, August 7, 2017

Outdoor stuff

Hey everyone- Happy August!! I cant believe July is already gone and i didnt make a single post the whole month. I have been so crazy busy at work that i have had no time to blog. Its conversion time again and so i'm training twice a day everyday for a few weeks. In fact, due to my schedule, i'm having to take my lunch hour at 10:30 am which is weird for me.
Well, August 5,2011 - i started this blog. I missed my anniversary this year. I should have posted. I dont want to give up blogging. I'm holding on to thought of things easing up eventually.
Its been a sad time lately. My dear friends little boy Ari passed away last month. Todd and i were driving back to Dallas from Houston after attending a funeral for Todds uncle Larry. I started reading Facebook and read post that Ari had passed. I cried and cried and cried. I just really felt that Ari was meant to live and do great things.
Ive been trying to get my patio completed but its still work in progress. I have a few things left to do and it will be done. I got a new obsession over the summer and thats buying old seashell plant holders. Oh gosh i love them! I paid too much for a few of them but i love them.
I also have had fun making doll head planters from old vintage porcelain dolls i've bought from thrift stores. I was going to buy some off Etsy and then thought to myself, i can do this!!
Right now i have a few things i'm looking forward to- we're having an end of summer labor day pool party on the Sunday before labor day, then i have a junk show at end of September and then Holliween of course is coming soon and i am already prepping for that.
I had gallbladder surgery around the time the spring junk show was and i had to cancel because i couldnt lift anything. Im excited for next month!!
Thats all I can manage to post today.  Talk to yall later!  Have a great day.







9 comments:

  1. I didn't realize what a crafty lady you are, Holli.
    Oh, nice - that pool. That pool is calling me. I'll be right over. =)
    Take care and stay cool, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come one over- the water is warm and the drinks are cold!!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Holli!

    It's great to see you today both here and there (at SDMM), dear friend! Happy blog anniversary to you! I celebrated my 9th blogiversary July 20. I am terribly sorry to know that your life has been rendered sad by another death, that of your friend's son Ari. How tragic!

    I love how you decorated your outdoor space, Holli! I'm happy to see you have discovered the eye appeal of going vertical - placing three dimensional items like shelving units on the wall and hanging baskets from the soffit. I never heard of using doll heads for planters. I like the result. Cacti and succulents are my favorite plants and I have collected containerized specimens for years. I admire yours. Your patio looks comfortable and inviting.

    It was nice connecting with you again today, dear friend Holli. Please take good care of yourself. I hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed you my friend!!! I am now on life mission to keep my plants alive. Not an easy feat. I'm sorry I missed your 9th blogging anniversary. wow! I hope to celebrate the same anniversary with fingers crossed. have a wonderful weekend Shadester!

      Delete
  3. All I know is, I'm thirsty. Vacation is hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your enjoying your vacation!!! Drink up and Cheers. have a tony packos hotdog for me.

      Delete
  4. Hi Holli, Nice to see you here today. So sorry to hear about your friends son. That is so sad. I will pray for her. I don't write very many posts these days. Love the doll heads and your patio looks awesome! Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- my theme for patio is BOHO. I'm hooked on trying to keep my plants alive now. HAHA!!

      Delete
  5. Very sorry for the loss of Ari. It is always worse when it's a child. Your patio is awesome. My kind of space. What do you do when it rains?? Love the doll head planters. I'm a doll collector (well, I was) and I don't know if I could do that to them. But they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!