Hope everyone had a great weekend. I 'll have to tell you tomorrow because i'm super busy today for work. Time is flying by and i cant believe we're already in the second week of August. Made me think of a song ' Funny How time slips away
Here is a song that Willie Nelson wrote back in the 70's. Its a classic and i love it!
His son Lukas did a cover of it recently and i really like it!! I think he did his Father proud. Its very laid back and he was hanging out in a friends cabin. He even said apologies to real piano players. It was one of the first times to attempt the song.
Have a WILLIE nice day yall!!
Hi, dear Holli! It starts with a great song. That's what I always say, and Willie's "Funny How Time Slips Away" is a great song. I never heard either of the Nelsons sing it and I enjoyed both of these clips. As a lover of Soul/R&B, my experience with the song, the record I have in my personal collection, is the bluesy million seller by R&B artist Joe Hinton, simply called "Funny." Sadly, Hinton's time slipped away far too soon and he died young at the age of 38.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Monday, dear friend Holli!
wow- 38 is so young! I will see if I can find Joe on youtube. I love love love good ol soulful bluesy music.
DeleteHope you have a fabulous day sweet Shady!!
When family members get together and sing, it's always a much better harmony (providing that they can carry a tune). Think about all the great "family" groups: The Jackson 5, The Osmonds, The Cowsills (probably before your time, ha ha), etc. They all had great harmonies and I love that.
ReplyDeleteStay cool, girlfriend. The weatherman just told me (via the tube) that you're gonna be a little warm. Have a great day, lady!
Thanks for sharing those videos! That was a nice treat on a Monday. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Chrys- glad you enjoyed them!!
DeleteI can't believe it either. I have to go back to work soon. You know I love Willie.
ReplyDeleteI am a big fan of Willie's song writing, and his stylizing, but have never been a fan of his voice. I like the timber of Lucas' voice more! Not so tinny and whiney. (I know, it is blasphemous to say that in Texas!)
ReplyDeleteThat is blasphemy but I wont tell!! I love Willie. I love his voice and I've seen him in concert numerous times. I'm glad his son is pursuing his career in the music business because he's doing quite well.
DeleteI love Willie! My son is in Austin right now. I told him he could bring me home a cowboy as a souvenir and he said there weren't cowboys in Austin just old hippies. So I said, "Bring me home Willie Nelson. I've always found him quite sexy in that hippie kind of way".
ReplyDeleteExactly Paula!! I feel the same way.
DeleteHe came home today. He didn't bring me Willie!! But I did get a Willie Nelson coffee cup! I'll take it!!
Delete