Hello, how was your Thanksgiving? We had a nice long weekend. Thursday was
spent at the inlaws and we had a nice day. It was just our immediate group this
year, Todd’s parents, Todd’s brother and his wife, and the 2 of us. We watched the Macy’s parade while I made the
hashbrown casserole and I grabbed a Starbucks earlier that morning. I loved not having to rush and just
appreciate the day.
I did not take part of any Black Friday shopping. There’s just not anything that we have to
have that is worth long lines and crazy hours.
On Friday, Todd and I went to our annual movie outing together and saw
Bohemian Rhapsody. Have any of you seen
it yet? I genuinely loved it!! I thought it was well done and holy cow- the guy
that played Freddie Mercury and the guy who played Brian May were SOOO
good! After I saw the movie, I went
online to read more about it. The lead guy learned how to play piano and he
also sang but they mostly dubbed in Freddie’s voice for the songs.
This is one of my fave Queen songs: Show must go on!
On Saturday, we got the Christmas tree out of storage and
got the lights on it and we put the decorations on it Sunday after church. Saturday evening, I got to join my cousin and
her 2 daughters to see the Nutcracker in Dallas. It was Outstanding and I really enjoyed it.
At one point in a scene, they had fake snow fall from the ceiling into the
audience. Great special effects for a
Ballet!
When we first entered the Winspear Opera House, the backdrop
was kinda creepy if you really looked at the whole thing. I loved it of course because it had the eerie
factor like Halloween.
Sunday night , the 6 of us got together again at an Italian restaurant to celebrate my mother n law's birthday. It was fun evening and a nice way to end the holiday weekend. And then , it was time to get back into the work mode. I’ve been really busy this week training
classes and I’m off again tomorrow and Friday to prepare for my junk show I do
twice a year. I am not ready this time.
Yall, that work trip to St Louis for 10 days seriously put me so behind
on everything. I am just going to wing
it and hope I at least break even for the price of the entry fee. Wish me luck!!




I haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody yet but I hope to soon! Thanks for sharing your rave review, good to know!
ReplyDeleteI truly enjoyed it!!! Of course I am a big fan of Queen. I hope you can see it soon.
DeleteI guess the acclaim for BR is pretty universal. I've pretty much gave up on going to movies and Queen kinda ruined themselves at the end for me, so I will have to go with reviews.
ReplyDeleteIronically, the critics gave it bad reviews but all my friends and family have enjoyed it.
DeleteHi, Holli!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing details of your Thanksgiving, dear friend. Mrs. Shady cooked a feast for 30 family members and we watched the crowds and entertainers shivering at the Macy's parade. Like you we avoided the madness of Black Friday. I have not yet seen Bohemian Rhapsody, but your mini review has me stoked. I thoroughly enjoyed "The Show Must Go On." The song soars and its message is inspiring. Keep smiling through adversity and sorrow and find the will to carry on.
I'm happy to learn that in addition to your movie outing you also attended a performance of The Nutcracker complete with fake snow, and that you had a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant to celebrate your MIL's birthday.
I do wish you luck this weekend. Even if you don't feel prepared, remember what Freddie Mercury would say: "The junk show must go on." :)
Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Holli!
YES!!!! Great tie-in- Shady- the JUNK show must go on!! LOL
DeleteMy weekend was good. I've been editing and writing a lot. If I get lucky (and my flesh and bones cooperate, I should have something to publish next year).
ReplyDeleteThe hanging guy does look spooky. So glad the experience wasn't. :-)
You can do it!! I will be so excited to buy your book next year.
DeleteHope you're feeling good this week and take care of your self.
I loved Bohemian Rhapsody! What a great weekend you had.
ReplyDeleteIsnt it awesome!! I would see the movie again for sure.
DeleteHave fun, and may you do better than break even at the Junk Show!
ReplyDeleteThank you my friend- I actually did have a great show and made more than the rent of my booth!! You brought me good luck.
DeleteBusy girl! You've been having fun! Thanks for the great review on Bohemian Rhapsody! Just read you did great at the junk show! Congrats! Big Hugs!
ReplyDeleteYes! Much to my surprise I was able to have a successful show which was by sheer luck. I was so not ready for this one.
DeleteHave you seen BR yet? If you like Queen, you need to see it. I would see again for sure. xoxo