How has your week been so far? Mine has been really crappy work wise and I couldn’t be happier today is Friday. Who doesn’t love Friday’s? Todd has had a pretty rough work week too so we needed to get out of the house and have a date night. I knew where I wanted to go that was close by. There is a yummy burger place that started out in Deep Ellum ( our artsy area of Dallas close to downtown) a few years ago and has even been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri. The name of this place is Twisted Root Burger Co and dang if they are Delish! There’s 8 locations with another one opening soon ( close to where I work so I’m happy about that). The location near where we live in Bedford is just a few minutes away and I had not been there yet. It’s very laid back and the menu’s are written on large kraft butcher paper. The fun part is that they give you a famous name to call out when our burgers are ready. Paris Hilton, Mr. Incredible, Meryl Streep, are a few that I remember from last night. They make jars of homemade pickles, homemade root beer and also homemade ice cream. Unfortunately I was too full from the burger and onion strings and didn’t have room for a shake which I heard are incredible.
I had the Bacon Bomb burger that had bacon and blue cheese crumbles on it. Yumm!
For the record, I am not being compensated in any way ,form, or fashion for writing this but I wanted to share with y’all a fun yummy place around Dallas.
 |
| They have buffalo and other exotic meats |
 |
| walkup beer cooler |
 |
| Who doesnt love a Disco ball?! The pickle bar is also shown |
 |
| I need to go back for an adult shake! |
 |
| I had the homemade root beer with my burger and fried onions |
Have a fantastic weekend! Be safe and have loads of fun and i want to hear all about it.
Thanks for sharing Holli! We have one in Arlington, but I've never been there. My son fancies himself a burger connoisseur, so we will have to check it out.
ReplyDeleteI fancy myself as french fry connoisseur and they passed test! You gotta go. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting.
DeleteI heard there have a great veggie burger as well and there is one really close to my new place. I will have to check it out! Glad you guys got out and some fun!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you tried it out the other night. I love this place and cant wait to go back. I need to split the burger so i can try the shakes.
DeleteWe loved that place! Their fried appetizer sampler is great - the fried green beans....to die for! Yumm!
ReplyDeleteI was so tempted to try the green beans. Next time for sure!
DeleteWalk up beer cooler sure beats "Wehavebudbudlightmillerliteheinkensamadamssamadamsseasonalandcoorslight (huffhuffhuff) whatcanigetyou...."
ReplyDeleteI know isnt that a great idea?! YOu can basically open the can and be guzzling it while you pay at the cashier.
DeleteDate night - I haven't had one of those in a long long long time...... Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYou have to make it happen! I hadnt either until i had mini-meltdown and stated i needed a date. It worked.
DeleteMMMMMM I love a good burger. That place looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteSo delish but i need to split one next time so i can try the ice cream.
DeleteI love places like that! Nothing like a fun date night! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteExactly. Laid back place to wear shorts and flip flops and have cold drink and yummy burger.
DeleteMmmmmm... That does sound good! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures
ReplyDeleteI love good burgers and especially ones with crispy bacon.
Delete