Monday, November 19, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018


Hey there, I just cant believe that thanksgiving week is already upon us!! Seriously it felt like Halloween was just last week ( it could be that I still have all my Halloween decorations up because I haven’t had time to take it down).  I get very excited to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade.  I would watch it every year as a kid and never missed it. Then fast forward to when I was a freshman in college, I got to dance in the parade with my college drill team.  One of the most unforgettable moments of  my life!

Then fast forward to adulthood, I think it was 8 or 9 years ago, I went with a friend and was a spectator in the crowd in NYC to see it firsthand.  I still get chills when I see the Rockettes perform and I get so much joy watching the parade.  We’re heading over to the In-laws for lunch and I’ll be bringing my cheesy hashbrown casserole as per tradition.

I am so very thankful for many things! Here is my list:

I am thankful for my husband, my grandmas, my cousins, my mom, my dogs, my health, my job, my church, sweet tea, music, books, my friends, my blogging friends, music, nieces, starbucks lattes, Mexican food, the stars, sunsets, sunrises, my boots, my day planner, cheese, mascara, eyeliner, spray lotion, fuzzy socks, granny’s quilt, long purses, comfy bras, my favorite rings, music, social media.



Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Be Safe and be kind.


 Blue October is one of my favorite bands and this is from their new album. 
I hope youre happy

14 comments:

  1. I like watching the parade too. How cool that you saw it in person! I'm certainly not ready for the holidays. It all comes upon us so quickly. I love your list of thankfulness. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not ready for the holidays? That kind of surprises me because you have so many ornaments and trees and love Christmas. Now that you have a precious grand baby, its going to be so special this year!!! Happy Thanksgiving

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving PS we still have some Halloween up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, that makes me feel better!! I do have a few things from Halloween that stays up all year but I had to go out of town to St Louis for 10 days and didn't have time to do it all before I left. I have A LOT! The plan is to take it down today after work.
      Happy Thanksgiving

      Delete
  3. What year did you go to Radio City to see the Rockettes? If it happened in the last few years, you probably saw my husband at the keyboards or conducting. That's where he is right now, the holidays are extremely busy for my Piano Man. I feel so happy every time I hear his work made the day special for someone (especially someone I like).

    Happiest Holiday to you and yours!

    And here is a clip of my Piano Man conducting (because, yes, I'm a bit of a dork in love who loves showing him off, lol): https://youtu.be/cMnqnNc-Jy8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SOOOO awesome!!! I danced in the parade back in the late 80's ( 87) and went in 2010 as a spectator.
      I don't blame you at all - I would Totally show him off for doing something so cool! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Holli! The Man said the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade said it was the coldest one ever, about 19 degrees, brrrrrr, my Desert Dwelling Self can't even handle that anymore, glad we're watching it on TV! *smiles* We too have much to be Thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't surprised at all to see all the spectators in the cold. Its still something so awesome to see in person, you just bundle up and enjoy the awesomeness. I am super hot natured so I wouldn't be as cold as some. :) Hope your holiday was joyful.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Holli!

    If in the past you got "chills" as a spectator watching the Rockettes perform in the Macy's T-giving parade, you certainly would have gotten chills this year in the bitter cold. I watched the parade and felt sorry for some of the scantily clad entertainers. It's exciting that you actually danced in the parade with your drill team one year.

    I love your list of things for which to be thankful. Everyone should create such a list.

    Wow, the Houston based Blue October band is excellent! When the tune began and I heard the lead vocal, it seemed apparent that the band was influenced by Ric Ocasek and The Cars and by David Bowie. Do you hear the similarities?

    Thank you very much, dear friend, for your support during my bereavement. Barring another family disaster, I am now ready to resume full time blogging with a new music post of my own coming tomorrow. I hope to see you back at Shady's Place in the coming week. Bless you, Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very cold when I danced in the parade many years ago. When you had to be still and mark time, that's when you felt the chill. When it was time to walk and dance, the adrenaline warms you up and you don't really feel cold at all.
      Blue October is one of my fave bands. I think you'd be familiar with their big hits from a while back called Hate Me and Into the Ocean. The lead singer is Justin and he is now in recovery and sober and his lyrics changed drastically but still so good.
      I am so sorry for your loss and I am glad you're back to blogging and resuming a back to normalcy.
      Been thinking of you my friend!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful post Holli! I hope you had an excellent Thanksgiving! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I read your post and you were the queen of the changing room!! Take care and keep painting your amazing crows.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!