I am so super excited to link up this year with Holly at Holly's Horrorland. She hosts a Valentine soiree every year and I had just missed it when I found her blog last year. Not only do we share the same name, we share the love for all things spooky and Halloweeny (yep I made up the word).
I found some fun Valentines cards this year on Etsy that are based off horror movies!!! I love them and passed them out to my team at work.
So I am going to share some vintage Halloweenish ( I like that word too) Valentine's with yall.
Todd has been out of town this week on business but he's coming home tonight. I gave him strict instructions not to send me flowers. Its like lighting money on fire because its so expensive and they're never like the pictures he chooses from and they don't last long at all. He got me something even better because he visited the Harley plant in York, PA this week and got me a surprise from there. LOL He cant keep secrets so at least I don't know what it is. Just that he got me something from there which is awesome!! We will probably go to one of our fave Mexican restaurants because they don't do the set menu with jacked up prices like other places on this day.
I hope you have a wonderful day and know that I love you and will be your Valentine if you don't have one!! xoxoxo











Hi, Holliweeny!
ReplyDeleteI never heard of this idea of combining a Halloweenish vampire theme with the traditional Valentine's Day observance. It suits me just fine. By mid February horror lovers like us are going through Halloween withdrawal. I enjoyed the assortment of Vampentine's Day cards and visited Holly's Horrorland. It's amazing! Todd is a wise man indeed for shopping the Harley store for a surprise gift. He knows what puts a great big smile on your face. My former father-in-law worked at that Harley plant in York!
I hope you and Todd have a delicious meal at the Mexican restaurant this eve, and I wish you guys a happy V-day, no matter what the "V" stands for!
WHAT?!! How cool that your father in law worked there! I got to work there many years ago for a week to train a few individuals that actually worked for us but had to be onsite there. It was awesome!
DeleteSo glad you enjoyed the Valentines Soiree over at Holly's. Happy valentines day my sweet friend!
Thanks so much for the compliment on my site, Shady!
DeleteI've always enjoyed vintage Halloween cards and artwork. I guess I'll have to add Valentine's Day cards to that. You've provided us with a good mix of Valentine's Day and Halloween. I like it.
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! They're so fun and I love that way back when they thought to make Valentines card with more of a Halloween theme!
DeleteSome very cute Valentines here! Enjoy your day! Happy Valentines to you and your husband!
ReplyDeleteThanks Debra!! Fortunately for my husband, every time he comes home from a business trip is like Valentines for us. Mushy I know!! :)
DeleteGosh this is such a fun holiday, and I love seeing the vintage cards. Brings me back to another time.
ReplyDeleteArent they so fun!! I wish I actually had these cards. I have so many vintage Christmas cards and some easter but no Halloween valentines for sure.
DeleteI LOVE the Halloween and Valentine's mash-up cards! I like Valentine's Day anyway, but adding a dash of spooky just makes anything 100 times more fang-tastic!
ReplyDeleteHappy Vampire's/Valentine's Day, Holli! ♥
By the way... I'm signed in as LGH on Blogger, but it's Emma/Groovy Gothic. ;)
DeleteI did get three valentine wishes today, and had a valentine meme forewarded by a co-worker that crossed the southern border into obsenity. Laurie had got me truffles on Sunday, which isn't necessarily a good thing, so now they are in her room with instructions to give me just one per day. VD was fun back when I had the energy to flirt. My body deems that fairly pointless nowadays...
ReplyDeleteGood thing for Laurie to manage the truffles. I don't know if I could be so good and only eat one!! Hope you have a great weekend. TGIF!
DeleteHow awesome for you to find Holly! I agree, no flowers. Hope your enjoyed your Valentine's Day and the gift.
ReplyDeleteMy husband knows I can be appeased by sushi over flowers any day. :D So cool he got you something from Harley plant. I hope dinner was delicious.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you found me last year and joined the Soiree this year! I'm batty about those cards, especially the bat girl one! Happy Vampire's Day weekend! ❤️
ReplyDeleteI must share the "ghost are white... vampires are dead" image with a dear friend. It's awesome! Happiest Vampire's Day Soiree!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I, too, am horrible about keeping secrets when it comes to gifts *sigh*.
This is such a precious post! Sending Big Hugs and Lots Of Love, to you and your hubby! I hope you had a great Valentine's!
ReplyDelete