We lost an amazing young man from my church (Chad) who was an assistant pastor for us. He died 2 weeks before his 40th birthday from cancer. He left behind a wife and 3 kids. Chad was a vibrant beautiful soul and it sucks! His was the first funeral. My dear friend Shari lost her mom that same week. She was in her 80's and was so sweet. I loved her dearly. She also passed from Stage 4 cancer but hers was very sudden. She didn't know she had cancer until 2 weeks before she passed. Chad on the other hand battled cancer for 3 years with tons of surgeries, radiation and chemo.
I was dreading this past weekend with Dad's anniversary so I drove to the beach 4.5 hours away for a few days. I had not left Dallas and really went anywhere since June when my life imploded around me. I knew that seeing the waves would be comforting and it was. I drove to Galveston on Friday and came back early Sunday morning. I did a lot of crying but it was healing. I may have to do that more often. There are beaches in Texas that I haven't been to in ages or ever at all and I should make it a goal to visit some.
All in all, the new year has been a doozy but i'm hanging on. I still cry everyday yall and I am shocked that the well hasn't dried up yet. I guess its still part of the process. I made some dear friends from my DivorceCare class and we try to get together often. I'm so happy I met them. To have a group going thru same emotions is great. Kinda the whole Misery loves company idea but we build each other up.
My pool is still a scary green swamp and its stressing me out. I have someone coming this Friday to do a pool leak check. Fingers crossed its not serious. My gut feeling though has been really been nawing at me.
Hope all of you have been having a good year so far. Talk to you soon.
Hi, Holli!
ReplyDeleteI'm down in the dumps knowing that 2020 is a bummer for you so far. I'm sorry you had three sad weekends in a row with two funerals to attend for victims of cancer, one young and one old, plus the sad anniversary of your dad's passing. This doggone year has to get better, dear friend, and I predict it will. I'm glad you got the ball rolling in the right direction by treating yourself to a therapeutic day at the beach. I am also happy to know you found a supportive group of friends who are in the same boat.
I absolutely dug the post-grunge sound of Nikki Sixx and his band. If you haven't yet watched The Dirt I highly recommend it.
Please take good care of yourself, dear friend Holli, and remember all the people on the other side of the screen who care about you, including The Shadester.
Those tears will last, I know... mine have worn off some with the new doggie, but I can tell they aren't far off. I saw your ride today, that's as great a cure as any!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found the DivorceCare group -- it always helps in bad times to have peer support from people who know exactly what you're going through because they're going through it too.
ReplyDelete((HUGS)) Sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteI haven't watched YOU yet. My son liked Season 1. I think I will give it a try. I'm glad you took some time away and the beach is a great place for that. I'm also happy to hear that you are sharing your feelings with other's who are going through the same thing. It can help a lot. Good luck with your pool.
So good to see you are still writing. I still cry everyday (almost) over the loss of Richard. It is hard to lose someone you loved so much. I am sending you the biggest virtual hug. Would love to take a drive to the beach!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are in the Divorce Care Group!! Sending you lots of love!
ReplyDelete