Yall, have you seen Dumplin on Netflix? It was recommended to me by a facebook group i'm a member of and i'm so glad they did.
Its set in Texas and Jennifer Aniston plays the mom of a young girl who's nickname is Dumplin ( which she hates). Dumplin is HUGE fan of Dolly Parton which is so awesome because I also happen to be a huge fan!!
The movie is based off a book written by Julie Murphy in 2015. It's a young adult book but I may look into because I like to see how different books and movies are of the same name.
I don't want to give too much away but the movie is so entertaining and it includes some Drag Queens which honestly how can you go wrong with that!!!
Many songs were written for the movie so they're original and of course it includes many of her classic hits. I just really enjoyed the movie and wanted to see if any of yall liked it as much as I did?
This is not a paid endorsement whatsoever- just a Texas girls opinion who loves Dolly!
I'm starting to feel better so thank you for the well wishes. Still congested a little and a lingering cough but manageable. Have a great week yall!!
Hi, Holli!
ReplyDeleteThanks for letting me know about this movie. I hadn't heard of it but, after checking out the trailer, I am sold on it, too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k86KDFh_q6E
The mother and daughter lead characters are endearing and it looks like a very entertaining film. From all indications Jennifer Aniston does a fine job of fleshing out the character Rosie, the mother, and Mrs. Shady and I recently watched another highly recommended Netflix film, Bird Box, in which Aussie actress Danielle Macdonald (who plays daughter Willowdean) had a major role. Australian actresses amaze me with their ability to adopt an American accent. In Dumplin', Danielle convincingly portrays a plus size Texas girl. I also enjoy listening to Dolly Parton sing, an added bonus in the movie.
Thanks for the heads up, dear friend Holli. I hope your illness is a thing of the past by now. My head cold is still hanging on for dear life. Enjoy the rest of your week!
I still haven't seen Bird Box but will watch next week when Todd is out of town. LOL He didn't seem to interested to see it. That's so cool that "dumpling" also stars in it. WOW! I had no idea she was Australian because she did a great job playing a texas girl!
DeleteI tell you, these colds like to hold on tight. I am tired of being "snotty" and the cough is awful. Hope it leaves soon .
I, too, love Dolly Parton, but haven't watched the movie yet. Thanks for the review! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures
ReplyDeleteI hope you like it! The soundtrack is on Spotify and you can hear all the songs by Dolly and others. happy new year marci!!
DeleteThis is the one that Dolly blew Fallon away in an interview about. She mentioned that she thought her hubby wanted a threesome with her and Jennifer. Then, as Falolon recovered, she said, "He can't even get it out to pee, let alone get it up for three!" Fallon was literally on his hands and knees gasping for air...
ReplyDeleteI saw it!! I was dying laughing and shaking my head. Her husband is probably used to her outbursts but gosh it was funny.
DeleteI've heard it's good too, but haven't seen it -- yet!
ReplyDeleteIts a sweet story and done very cute.
DeleteThanks for telling us about Dolly! Sounds great!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're feeling better!
Big Hugs!
These colds tend to linger but definitely feeling better!! Thanks so much. Big hugs to you my talented friend!
DeleteI haven't heard of it before, but I'm adding it to my list (since I've yet to see a movie with drag queens in it that I haven't loved. Also, I do adore a bit of Dolly *even a lot*).
ReplyDeleteIts just a fun few hours of a feel good movie. I hope you enjoy! Cant go wrong with Dolly or Drag!!!
DeleteYes I watched it and it was really good!
ReplyDeleteYay!! I'm glad you liked it like I did. I have been listening to the soundtrack every day this week
Delete