Monday, January 14, 2019

Meant for me

Hey there, hope everyone had a great weekend. As mentioned last week, I knew this weekend would be hard and emotional and it was. I want to share something very special though that happened to me on Friday. I was working from home in my messy office and I was trying to clear some things that I knew had a place to go other than on top of the bed. My office bed is the Catch all for everything if I go shopping, thrifting, or crafting. It looked like a tornado hit my room during the holidays.
I had bought a leather bound journal a few months ago from either a thrift store or a garage sale. I don't remember where I got it. I do remember flipping through it to see if there were a lot of pages already used. I also clearly remember flipping through a few other times to just make sure I didn't miss anything and thinking to myself- this is brand new /never used.
So fast forward a few months, this journal has been laying on my bed under many layers of Christmas and Halloween stuff, etc.  On Friday afternoon, I picked up the journal and untied the leather piece and opened it from the beginning of the book. That's where I saw only one page written in it , from front to back and it was dated June 29, 2011.  I read the journal entry and began sobbing afterwards.
It appears to be written by a young boy who has also lost their father.
First of all, had I seen the entry first at garage sale or thrift store, I would have totally still bought it on the spot because it would have spoke to me!
I just really genuinely BELIEVE that it was meant for me to read at that random hour alone in my office while I was grieving the loss and anniversary of my Dad's death.  I didn't feel so alone . I know that so many have lost loved ones . My mind was blown to come across this during this time and it was so special.  I like to think that Dad had a hand in this and it was his way of reaching out to me...


I am better today. In fact, Saturday night after mass with stepmom, we went to have dinner at restaurant where I had not been back to since Dad passed. I had only been twice and each time was with his him so it was just hard to go into.  Now that I broke the ice, we can go again .  Thank you for the sweet comments and support. 





22 comments:

  1. Wow, talk about synchronicity! That was a special message indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it so cool?! I hurt for the young man who wrote this but he has no idea how much this journal means to me.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Holli!

    This is an amazing story, dear friend! It certainly does seem like your dad found a way to reach out to you through that boy's journal. What are the odds that you would choose to buy it several months ago, forget about it all this time while it was on your bed buried under holiday paraphernalia, and discover and page through it when you are in emotional pain observing the anniversary of your dad's death? If the boy's words resonated and helped you feel better, then you may consider it a small miracle. I am also happy to know that you summoned the courage to return to a restaurant where you and your dad used to dine. Now that you broke through that veil of apprehension and gloom, it will be easier the next time. Please remember that your dad wants you to be happy and wants to see, as I do, that big, bright smile on your face, the best smile in Texas.

    Thank you for sharing this sweet story, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! The timing was everything when finding that entry in journal. I was so shocked I couldn't speak for a minute , then ran to Todd and had him read it.
      I was so touched that an angel left that for me when I needed it.
      I know it seems silly about the restaurant but i'm glad now that I can go there and have a new memory without Dad in it.
      Thank you for your sweet comment. You always know how to make me smile!

      Delete
  3. Wow. Just wow. Hugs to both of you.

    Darn, this has certainly been "heartbreaking blog" night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh, is someone else being as depressing as me? Tis the season I guess.
      Thanks for the hugs- i'll never turn those down.

      Delete
  4. I love when we experience Godincidences. That was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly believe that in my heart!! isn't it just the craziest coolest thing?!

      Delete
  5. This is so beautiful! I'd like to think your father knew and arranged things just so, to give you comfort on what he knew would be a rough day. I'm glad the next day was better too. Grief doesn't ever really leave us, not for a loss so big, but sometimes we learn to live with it, go back to those special places that mean so much, and even smile a little through the heartache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the beautiful comment Rommy. It was just something so special and was too exact and specific for it to be anything other than supernaturally meant for me. Grief certainly never leaves us, me especially. It has hard grip. :(

      Delete
  6. I love, love, love finding bits of lived stories in notebooks and journals at secondhand shops. They feel like some sort of divination, or a story-gift we received from the universe and souls that don't even know us. Yes, it was totally meant for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so special to me. I'm excited to take it to California with me next week and begin writing in it. I pray that the young man is dealing with his loss 8 years later with peace. Have a beautiful day my friend

      Delete
  7. Hi Holli! I followed you from Rommy's. And I’m happy to meet you.

    Such a tender and beautiful story you share about the journal and your Dad. Losing a loved one is hard and it takes time to heal. But coincidences like this journal bring great comfort. I agree it was meant for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey there, so nice to meet you as well. You're always welcome here!!
      It was such a In Your Face- Cant Make This Up moment when I find the journal entry on that day at that time. Truly magical and comforting. Thank you for the kind words and understanding of my grief.

      Delete
  8. This story brought chills. It's a sign of magic - and how we hold each other up even when we don't set out to.
    Powerful stuff.
    Virtual hugs, Holli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend- I love your hugs! It was magical indeed

      Delete
  9. You hava an amazing blog... I am glad we ran into each other and you are one of my "reads"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're so sweet. I have been following your blog The bricks on red road for a while now. :)

      Delete
  10. This is so beautiful! The Universe works in mysterious ways! Holli, you were for sure to get this journal! How special! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really meant the world to me to find it. I cherish it and think often now of the young man who wrote it.

      Delete

I LOVE comments!!!!