Hi there! I'm just a woman that looks at life as an adventure. I'm a Texas girl trying to find joy in every day. I'm obsessed with Halloween , I love to go junking, I like to drink wine, and I'm a Harley girl! Thank you for letting me share my stories, opinions, etc.
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Muddfest 2019
Good morning yall! Last night we attended our first concert of the year. It was a lineup of late 90's rock bands. It opened with Tantric, then Saving Abel, Trapt, Saliva and Puddle of Mudd was the headliner. It was honestly a great show. They all sounded great and it was a pretty night with the gorgeous full moon over us. The concert was at Lava Cantina which is a restaurant bar that hosts lots of concerts. We got rooftop tickets and i'm so glad we did. I had chairs with backs on them which for me is a must. It got a little chilly but they had those gas heaters and one was right behind us so it was great.
Here is a song from each of the bands you may be familiar with......
Saving Abel
Trapt
Saliva
Puddle Of Mudd
I kinda feel like poo today and truthfully I felt that way yesterday and almost didn't go to the concert. I think its my allergies but that always ends up turning into sinus infection. I see a lazy night on the couch in my future tonight!!
What a great lineup of 90s rock bands, dear friend! If they still sound anything like they did on those studio recordings, then surely it was a thrill for you and Todd to experience that outdoor concert. I think the only band I knew prior to this was the headline act Puddle of Mudd. Thanks for introducing me to several other great bands of the period. I love aggressive, intense rock with harsh, angry vocals and I am sure these bands delivered.
I'm sorry to learn you have a sinus infection. It's a good thing you weren't laid low to the extent that you missed the rock show. I hope a lazy night on the couch is in store for you tonight, dear friend. Please take good care of yourself and feel better soon!
I am surprised you weren't familiar with these bands. I am happy to introduce you to them. I especially love harsh , angry vocals especially when i'm grieving. I don't want to hear sad songs. I am debating on going to the Dr. I'm really hoping its just really bad allergies. fingers crossed. Just a few more hours and i'll be on the couch!
I do- its called a sinus irrigator. LOL I need to use it tonight for sure. I love love love music and going to concerts. I am excited to get the concert season started.
Thanks Debby! I figured I could sit at home and not feel good or I could still enjoy the concert while not feeling good. I'm glad I went! I hate spring time allergies right now. I may end up going to Dr today...
Hi Holli! What a lovely space you have here. And we share so many similarities concerning our thoughts in life! I'm glad you found me, so that now I could find you!
Hi Cielo!!! WELCOME WELCOME!!! I really do enjoy your blog and saw the similarities. So nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by. :) Have a wonderful weekend
I love them! My husband and I go to quite a few each year. One day you'll go sweet friend. Lots of people though so you have to be healthy. I am feeling better- thank you , hope you're feeling better as well!
Hi, Holli!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great lineup of 90s rock bands, dear friend! If they still sound anything like they did on those studio recordings, then surely it was a thrill for you and Todd to experience that outdoor concert. I think the only band I knew prior to this was the headline act Puddle of Mudd. Thanks for introducing me to several other great bands of the period. I love aggressive, intense rock with harsh, angry vocals and I am sure these bands delivered.
I'm sorry to learn you have a sinus infection. It's a good thing you weren't laid low to the extent that you missed the rock show. I hope a lazy night on the couch is in store for you tonight, dear friend. Please take good care of yourself and feel better soon!
I am surprised you weren't familiar with these bands. I am happy to introduce you to them. I especially love harsh , angry vocals especially when i'm grieving. I don't want to hear sad songs.
DeleteI am debating on going to the Dr. I'm really hoping its just really bad allergies. fingers crossed. Just a few more hours and i'll be on the couch!
Sounds like you had a great time. Oh, a nasty sinus infection. Have you used a Neti pot?
ReplyDeleteI do- its called a sinus irrigator. LOL I need to use it tonight for sure.
DeleteI love love love music and going to concerts. I am excited to get the concert season started.
You rockin' chick! I've never even heard of these bands.
ReplyDeleteReally? I love hard rock. I love all music but I lean more to hard stuff though. I want to ROCK!!!
DeleteGlad you had a nice time! Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks Debby! I figured I could sit at home and not feel good or I could still enjoy the concert while not feeling good. I'm glad I went!
DeleteI hate spring time allergies right now. I may end up going to Dr today...
Hi Holli! What a lovely space you have here. And we share so many similarities concerning our thoughts in life! I'm glad you found me, so that now I could find you!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Cielo
Hi Cielo!!! WELCOME WELCOME!!! I really do enjoy your blog and saw the similarities. So nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by. :)
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend
I had POM on the M10 a while back covering Gimme Shelter...
ReplyDeleteOh I bet that was good! I'm going to see if I can find that. You and Scrappy have a great weekend.
DeleteHope you feel better soon, and I'm glad you enjoyed the music in spite of it.
ReplyDeleteI am feeling better- thanks so much!! Never too sick for concerts. :)
DeleteI haven't been in concert in ages. So, I am extremely jealous.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling fantastic today.
I love them! My husband and I go to quite a few each year. One day you'll go sweet friend. Lots of people though so you have to be healthy.
DeleteI am feeling better- thank you , hope you're feeling better as well!
Awesome article! Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great time Holli! I hope you're doing ok! Big Hugs!
ReplyDelete