The sale is whats kept me focused and super busy these last 10 weeks. I had to get all my inventory and stuff out of storage and in my garage and back bedroom. Then I've had to go thru all my holiday tubs to select what i'm keeping and selling. I've got tables set up in my house and stuff all over. It does look like a bomb went off in my house.
I have sooooo much to do but it has been good to keep me busy and distracted. I am anxious to get it over so i can start putting my house back together. I discussed with my potential roommate what my plans were if many of my things sell and luckily i can use a lot of her furniture which makes her happy.
I sure wish all of you were local. I need to sell it all and i have SOOOOO much!
So , this Saturday will be our wedding anniversary and so i am super sad and anxious for the upcoming weekend. Please say a little prayer for me. I've gone thru some tough dark moments and i don't want to spiral down in depression again.
This past weekend, a friend of mine flew in from Chicago to visit me and we rearranged my master bedroom. We moved the bed against another wall and i bought a new comforter set for the bed. Its a cranberry purple pink color and i love it! The changes made me feel good.
When he left, he took the iron and ironing board which was not big deal because he ironed much more than i did. However it is nice to have for the occasion you DO have something to iron. I bought an iron from Walmart but i stopped at salvation army yesterday to do a dropoff of some bags i'm donating and decided to go into the shop. I found a perfect green metal ironing board that was marked 7.99 and had blue tag on it. It happened to be the week of blue tags and things were half off. So yay for me on my 4$ ironing board! Now i just need to buy a cover and pad for it.
I miss all of you and i'm sorry i haven't been visiting your blogs. I do hope and pray for me to see light and to get to place i can breathe and visit with you. Please don't give up on me.
Hi, Holli!
ReplyDeleteNobody on this side of the screen is giving up on you, dear friend.
I think you've found the key to recovery. Stay busy changing and rearranging, creating a new space for yourself to coincide with the new chapter of your life. The progress you make and the results you see will surely give your spirits a lift and help you gather momentum. I hope your estate sale is huge success and I hope it works out that your friend from church will become your roommate. You were a smart shopper to find that ironing board for $4. Embrace downsizing and experience the feeling of satisfaction that comes from parting with seldom used, unwanted items you have accumulated over the years. You are in control. Pruning the overgrown shrub promotes healthy, vigorous growth.
Miley's song certainly speaks to your situation. Please focus on the positive affirmations: "I'm not who I used to be" and "it's time to let it go."
I'm thinking about you, dear friend Holli!
Best wishes with your upcoming sale. I hope you make a gazillion bucks!
ReplyDeleteWe won't give up on you... and I know your Sale will be successful! I Wish I could do an Epic once and for all Downsizing and jettison everything off in one fell swoop, it's taking me Years, so I commend you for pulling it {and yourself} together so admirably during a most difficult time! Change is good... it can move us to new levels we may never have reached out to grasp and get a foothold of to pull ourselves up to a better, higher level of Being. I feel you are climbing towards that Pinnacle of Better my Friend, it's an arduous journey but the view will be magnificent when you Arrive!
ReplyDeleteMy first thought when I saw your sale on FB was, "Wish I could come down and help out!" Unfortunately, things continue to turn badly up here, and while we're not anywhere close to over our heads, the water we are slogging through is rising and quite foul-smelling. Just remember, one day-one step. Oh, and wear old shoes... ;)
ReplyDeletePraying for you my friend! All the best with the upcoming sale!! You will do amazing! Big Hugs!
ReplyDeleteYou are making great progress. It is all so hard to do. I'm so sorry you have to go through this but you should be very proud of the accomplishments and growth you are making. I will be praying for you.
ReplyDelete