Tuesday, April 7, 2015

F is for Food

I love food.  I love all kinds of food.  I  am also a very finicky eater though.  Funny thing is that I have several cook books and hundreds of recipes pinned to my Pinterest folder but I actually hate cooking.  My husband enjoys to cook so I am ok.  I WILL and I DO cook don't get me wrong- I just don't get any enjoyment out of it.  I dated some very opinionated and critical men in my life and I received harsh criticism during the preparing and cooking of meals.  Not to mention the end result of whether it was edible or not. That ruined it and took the joy from me.  I still hope that one day I will want to choose to spend day in the kitchen to cook something awesome. Todd is so sweet and would never be that way too me but I guess the damage is done and it runs too deep and I'm nervous.
Here are a few recipes from MY Pinterest folder that has my interest. 



Happy Tuesday yall!! 

12 comments:

  1. Ha! You sound like me. I used to cook more, but then I realized I just don't get much enjoyment out of it (and usually a lot of frustration), and my husband is fine with cooking, so that's that! I love eating and trying new things and pinning delicious looking recipes, though! Gouda in grilled cheese, for example? I am so there.
    (fellow A-Z Challenge participant!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't that look delicious? I cant wait to make that myself for sure.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. glad your present beau is more respectful of your cooking - remember- there is no failure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Awesome reminder. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Those all looks delicious. So sweet of your husband to cook. I don't mind cooking but I wish someone would do the clean up! Hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband loved to cook and did a lot of it before he died. I like cooking. But I have to be in the right mood for me to want to spend a day in the kitchen.

    Smidgen Snippets & Bits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those look DELICIOUS! Can I order one of each?

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for the bad experience you had. You seem like a very wonderful person. You can do it. I however am with you on the cooking part. Sometimes it just doesn't thrill me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to cook too but I'm very good at calling for take out. Although all of those recipes look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you know from my blog I love food too! All kinds here in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have enjoyed this more, but I read Al Penwasser's "F is for Farts" first...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love food. I love to smell it, I love to eat it. I hate to cook. I'm the same way, I WILL try new things to cook, but I get no enjoyment out of it. Being in the kitchen cooking makes me very anxious when people are around, I get really snappy and want to be left alone! The stuffed mushrooms look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!