Tuesday, March 19, 2019

My top 10 movies i MUST watch if its on


I dont get to the movies often as I would like.  I actually don’t watch a lot of TV either. I typically sit on the couch and read my books, magazines or my phone while Todd watches what he wants.  I do watch a few shows such as This is Us, Ellen, and Flea Market Flip.  I record those so I can watch when I feel like it.

I saw a post recently on Facebook asking to list your top 5 movies that ” IF ITS ON – I MUST watch.  “ So that inspired this post except I am listing my TOP 10.

So these are in no specific order either:

Forrest Gump,  Breakfast club, Shawshank Redemption, Tombstone, Green Mile, Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Practical Magic , Braveheart , Moulin Rouge

The next 5 if this was top 15 would include Dances with Wolves, Man on Fire, LadyHawke, Edward Scissorhands, and Top Gun



What are yours?




12 comments:

  1. Hi, Holli!

    I am happy to see an upbeat post from you this week, dear friend. I hope it means your spirits are steadily improving in the wake of your latest loss.

    You and I share similar taste in movies, because I have watched Forrest Gump, The Breakfast Club, The Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, Labyrinth, Braveheart, Moulin Rouge, Dances with Wolves, Edward Scissorhands and Top Gun. That's 10 out of your 15 favorites.

    I never gave it much thought, but a possible top 10 films list that immediately came to my mind would include:

    It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
    The Dirty Dozen
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    Mulholland Dr.
    King Kong (all versions)
    Jurassic Park
    Anatomy of a Murder

    and the three original films in the George A. Romero zombie trilogy:
    Night of the Living Dead
    Dawn of the Dead
    Day of the Dead.

    This was fun, Holli. Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't include all Hitchcock movies and my series of Halloween and Christmas movies that I HAVE to watch every year. Close Encounters was so good. Thanks for playing along Shady!!

      Delete
  2. I must confess that I am a goner for Marvel Avenger movies on TV, especially the Captain America trilogy and the Thor ones. I can ignore the Iron Man films though, they're not as fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any of the Avenger movies. They do seem interesting so i'll have to make sure I stop and catch them when they're on. I did see Iron Man but thought it was just Meh. I love Robert Downey Jr!

      Delete
  3. A few of my favorites on your list. I loved The Breakfast Club and Practical Magic. Watch them every time they are on. I also loved Kate and Leopold with Meg Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate and Leopold is a cute movie!! I also like all the young Molly Ringwald movies- Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink.

      Delete
  4. I have to go with Shady on Mad World, that is freaking hilarious! It takes a bit to get me to actually sit for a movie. Sons Of Katie Elder and Rio Lobo, True Grit, The Shootist (yeah, John Wayne fan), American Graffiti, Caddyshack (if not edited for broadcasting), Titanic, Avengers 1, and at one point A Time To Kill or Pulp Fiction, but after SL Jackson's tirades about Trump, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pulp Fiction is my husbands favorite. American Graffiti and Caddyshack are good choices!! In fact, we just watched Caddyshack again last week.

      Delete
  5. We share our liking for Practical Magic. I don't know if I could list 10 as my favorite, but I can list the firs 10 (all right, 13) that come to my mind:
    1. Practical Magic
    2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows 1 & 2
    4. A Clockwork Orange
    5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    6. Pan's Labyrinth
    7. Heartbreak Ridge
    8. Stardust
    9. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    10. The Other Sister
    11. The Silence of the Lambs
    12. The Lord of the Rings
    13. and like Debra, above, I'm a sucker for Marvel movies and TV shows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh these are good ones!! I love One flew over the cuckoo's nest and Silence of the Rings. My husband owns the DVD's of all Lord of the Rings movies.
      Thanks for playing along!

      Delete
  6. Great list Holli! I like all the Mission Impossible movies. Also, Legally Blond! LOL! I have to admit, if there is a movie on, that I haven't seen in like forever, then I have to watch it! I'm pretty easy going! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Stardust and the first Harry Potter films too and the Iron Man films, see, I like too many! LOL! I had to look on everyone's list! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!