I thought i would wrap up with more Amsterdam pictures. On one of our day tours, we went to Haarlem which happens to be the original Harlem and its what ours in NYC is named after. Haarlem is also where Corrie Ten Boom hid Jews from the Nazis. We didn't get to tour that but it was cool to see the building where it happened. There were some buildings that dated back to the 13th and the 14th century. That blows my mind!! That's the kind of stuff we enjoyed seeing and experiencing while in a different country.
We also toured a castle called Kastle De Haar. The original castle was around 1391 and it eventually burned down. It was rebuilt in 1892. It had a beautiful church on the property that we didn't get to tour but a wedding had just taken place there a few days prior. How cool would that be?!! I have always wanted to visit a castle in Europe so i can scratch that off my bucket list.
So here are a lot of pictures.
Please be safe this Memorial Weekend.

















Love seeing your pictures. It's a beautiful place. My, but you are sure going to be busy this weekend, but all fun stuff. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteIts a never a dull moment in my household!! :)
DeleteSounds like you've been crazy busy, but it's the good sort of busy. I have a low key weekend coming up, but the hubs and I will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary next week, then off to BookCon!
ReplyDeleteOh that is so wonderful!!! Happy anniversary. Many blessings to both of you and your marriage. Have fun at the Bookcon. I have never been to one.
DeleteHi, Holli!
ReplyDeleteYou are slammed, aren't you, dear friend? Congratulations to your stepdaughter upon graduating high school. You will be busy as a bee in the coming days with a swimming party, a music fest, a wedding and two more graduations to attend. I see that Live, the band from my old stomping ground, York, PA, will be playing at that rock show.
Thanks for showing more pics from your Amsterdam trip. It must have been fascinating to visit Haarlem, see 13th and the 14th century architecture and tour Kastle De Haar. I am aware that it is a cool trend for young couples to get married at centuries old landmarks in European countries. You brought back many excellent pictures. The architecture and grounds are amazing.
Thanks for playing show and tell, Holli. In case you don't post next week, I wanted to let you know that one week from today I will be starting a three week blog hiatus. Mrs. Shady and I plan to do some traveling of our own. If you do post again before I leave, I will remind you.
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend, dear friend!
Good for you and Mrs Shady!! Traveling is good for the soul. Where are you heading to first?
DeleteWe will be vacationing in Mexico.
Deletegreat photos!
ReplyDeleteThank you maam! :)
DeleteI remember reading Corrie Ten Boom's book about hiding Jews from the Nazis when I was a kid. She inspired me!
ReplyDeleteAnne Frank's museum was also in Amsterdam which sells out daily so we didn't get to go. When i was younger, i read Anne Frank and Corrie Ten Boom and i was also so inspired by their bravery. Amazing women!
DeleteWow, you are busy with some really special occasions. Congratulations to all! I'm going to Florida on the 13th for 17 days to spend time with my dad and celebrate his 96th birthday. In July we are going to Montana to visit Amber and Dylan. The photos are wonderful. That castle looks amazing. Take care and enjoy the rest of your events.
ReplyDeleteWow! East Coast to West Coast- that will be fun. Montana is so pretty in July. Enjoy your trips.
DeleteBusy, busy, busy... doing good things is fantastic! Enjoy your family and the season.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures, stunning architecture.
Always on the go but i don't sit still very well. Every now and then i just crash and refuel then go go go again. :)
DeleteWhat a Social whirlwind you are on... have Fun! Those images of European Architecture are Amazing... if only we had such buildings! Here in the Desert Southwest they tend to tear everything Historic down and sell the Land to greedy Developers who could give a rat's ass about History or impact to the community, they see it all as merely a commodity, which is sad and very short sighted.
ReplyDeleteDallas is also guilty of knocking down old buildings and landmarks to build a cookie cutter strip mall and its made me so angry!! It is very sad. I loved all the architecture in Amsterdam and it was so nice that no one has defaced it like they do in the States.
DeleteBeautiful architecture, sculptures, windmill, and couple!
ReplyDeleteThank you Thank you!!!
DeleteI did not know you went to Amsterdam. I am going back and catch up. These are great photos!
ReplyDelete