Wednesday, May 15, 2019

More Amsterdam and stuff


Hellooooo!! I am currently sitting at the desk in our Hampton hotel room in Shawnee, Oklahoma. My niece graduated high school last night so we drove in yesterday to attend the ceremony. So hard to believe she's 18 and about to go to college in the fall. The years flew by! My mom is here staying with my brother and she'll fly back to Montana tomorrow.  I'm working half a day today and then driving back to Texas. The drive is just a little over 3 hours. We have to pick up our dogs from doggy daycare as soon as we get back.
Here are some more Amsterdam photos. While there, we took a tour bus to Keukenhof which is in Lisse, Netherlands. This is where the tulips are!! Tulips are only in bloom for a short season so its only open for 60 days. More than 7 million flower bulbs are planted to bloom. As you can imagine , hundreds of busses pour in and over a million visitors come to see the flowers in this time. Its incredible!! Fun fact, when i was 21 i got a tulip tattooed on my toe. They are my favorite flower !!!
Have a great weekend!! Friday is my birthday- yay for being alive another year.  Blogger is also being weird for me today so ignore the random So at the very bottom.  HAHA! Lots of pics today:




This is on the ground in one section of the Red light district

   

Some of the window fronts that will be occupied at some point














A person is behind me and i look like I'm wearing a fascinator on my head!!



So

25 comments:

  1. I'd have to say I'd be concerned in any neighborhood I came across a groped boob in the sidewalk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was busy writing my comment as you were posting yours, good buddy!

      Delete
    2. It just so happens that i had seen the bronze boob on Pinterest a few weeks before the trip when i was researching things about Amsterdam. I had no idea i would see it the first day there!! HAHA. It wasn't a shock to me but i didn't tell my husband so his reaction was pretty funny.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Holliberry!

    So.... (LOL)... I first want to wish you a happy birthday, sweet sixteen! Also I wish to congratulate your niece on graduating high school. Our granddaughter just graduated from college.

    If asked to pick a favorite flower, I would also choose the tulip. I like how they are shaped, beautiful pieces of sculpture. Thanks for posting another set of pictures from your trip to The Netherlands. I'd like to frame that first picture and hang it on the wall - wooden shoe? :) I can only imagine the glorious fragrance that greeted you in Lisse, not to mention the spectacular sight of the sea of tulips all around you. Interesting signage, sex worker sitting windows and cobblestone art in the Red Light District. I hope you didn't buy those huge shoes before trying them on in the store. My eyes are telling me they night not be a good fit! :) I'm sure our buddy from Tilting at Windmills will appreciate these pictures. As always my favorites are the ones of your big bright smile.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Holli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW Shady, since I doubt you heard... Scrappy went to be with the Lord Saturday morning...

      Delete
    2. It was cool to see a few windmills around the Netherlands. We got to go in the one in Keukenhof but some have homes in them and we didn't have time to tour some of those.
      I think you have great taste for also loving tulips as your favorite flower!
      Thank you for the birthday wishes.

      Delete
    3. NO! Chris, NO! I am so very sorry, my friend! God bless Scrappy. I will remember him always!

      Delete
  3. -grin- Now I know what you meant by, ignore the "So"! ,-)

    Have a safe trip back....

    Happy Friday Birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a random So but its also fitting. LOL!!!
      Thank you for birthday wishes

      Delete
  4. Oh, the years do fly by. Hard to believe my nephew is already to graduate. I love those pictures. Tulips are one of my favorites as wll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tulips were just gorgeous. so many types and colors. I was in HEAVEN!

      Delete
  5. Awesome photos! Looks like you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great!! I want to go back one day for sure.

      Delete
  6. Cute pictures. I could swim in one of those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you could swim in those shoes!! They were everywhere.

      Delete
  7. I love all of your photos. The tulips are so beautiful. I've always wanted to see them in person. Congratulations to your niece. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I was in Heaven with all those tulips!

      Delete
  8. That is a lot of tulips! I hope your niece's graduation was perfect and your drive back safe and fun. It's good to have you.

    Happy birthday, again! This is the third time I wish you HB this year (so it must be magical). ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and i appreciated each and every one of those birthday wishes!! :)
      Drive back was fast and safe. Thank you so much xoxoxo

      Delete
  9. I love the photos!!! They are amazing! You are so cute! Happy Birthday! Sending you many blessings! Congrats to your niece!
    (Holli, I apologize, I'm so behind in blog land. I want to make sure to come by and say hi to everyone!)
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes. NO apologies!!!! Girl, you're here now and that's all that matters :)

      Delete
  10. Congrats to your Niece... and Thank You for taking us along to Amsterdam, had to smile at the Red Light District sidewalk Art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could i NOT share that with yall!! LOL its not something you see everyday. haha

      Delete
  11. My inner middle schooler laughed at the metal boob.

    The pictures look so glorious. And you look so happy when you are in them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday!!! I was hoping you would show the toe tat. Oh those beautiful flowers. That would make this trip worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!